What's new

Dish811 progressive 480P (1 Viewer)

DarrinH

Second Unit
I have a Sony XBR400 and I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to deactivate the progressive scan output of the DISH 811. The picture looks very blurry on my Sony and I think it is because the 811 doubles the horizontal lines on top of my TV line doubler doing the same thing.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
DRC is not available when a progressive signal is present, so your TV should not be reprocessing it. Check the settings on your STB and TV. Have you done a basic calibration of the set using something like VE, DVE or Avia?

DarrinH

Second Unit
Yes, I have calibrated the set using Avia with service menu manipulation as well. You say it is not available, that makes it sound like it is a choice through the menu. I have no choice to turn the DRC on or off. For standard def stuff there is no choice but 480p in the menu of the 811.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm not familiar with your particular set, but DRC should have a toggle between modes and one of them is interlaced, which is essenitally off - not from the menu though. With my set, DRC is a button on the remote only. Like I said though, when feeding a progressive signal, the DRC is automatically disabled for that input.

Sorry, can't help you with the sat box. You might check around for forums that deal specifically with Dish network.

DougRuss

Stunt Coordinator
Have you tried Check ON the 1080i box in the 811 Menu ?

You have choices there: 1080i
720p
480p

DarrinH

Second Unit
I need to disable the progressive scan of 480P in the 811.
If I turned on the 1080i I would see the vertical compression kick in and my image would be smaller with bars on the sides as well.
I want an output of 480i.

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
Then you need to use s-video. I have a sony 46" widescreen and when you input 480p or 1080i by either component or DVI you cannot use DRC. If you use s-video or composite with the 811-then you will get 480i. you can use s-vid and DVI at the same time as the 811 puts out both signals simultaneously. Toggle back and forth with the tv input button.

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Well holy smoke! After two years of looking for this same thing, somebody finally solves it!

Thanks guys! I can't believe I never tried this!

I have the same receiver (811) and have been trying to get a full screen on my TV set when it is not displaying a true high def channel.

S-Video solves the issue.

Ha!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks