What's new

Dish Network Message Forum? (1 Viewer)

Bill Mullin

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

My C Band satellite system just went belly-up, and rather than repair it, I've decided to go with a Dish Network system. I know absolutely nothing about Dish and would like to learn. Does anyone know of a message forum, somewhat like this one, for Dish users?

TIA, Bill

Eduardo

Agent
There is another forum site - DBSFORUMS.COM - they might be able to help you with your questions.

I just recently joined Dish. It was a financial decision. My local cable company wanted way to much money for "Digital Cable". I even called and told them that I would like a better rate or I would switch to satelite. They said no so I switched. I am very happy with the Dish network so far. The deal I got was as follows with a 1 year contract:

$53.00 - One time setup charge. Able to get up to 4 receivers (model 301)for 4 rooms. The equipment is not yours to own.

$47.00/mo - 100 channel package + 30 Music Channels

$5.00/m0 - Local channels

Free Professional Installation - Installers did a great job.

3 Months Free.

This averages out to $44.00/mo versus the $65.00 that TWC was going to charge.

I my story helps.

Bill Mullin

Stunt Coordinator
>>>There is another forum site - DBSFORUMS.COM - they might be able to help you with your questions.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Bill,
There have been several discussions in the A/V sources area of this forum about DISH- so I would say you would probably have some luck posting your question there. There are hundreds of DISH owners here, so I'm sure you could get many pieces of advice!
Also, you might check the AVS forum, they have some DBS areas which are pretty active:
DBS General - Non-HDTV
The area is for DSS television general chat. Discuss DSS hardware, software and programming. Please, HDTV in the HDTV section. No DSS Hack talk will be allowed!
Dish Network & Dish PVRs
For the general chat about the DishNetwork and the DishPVR Digital Receiver/Recorder. Your likes, dislikes, thoughts, wants, needs and support. DishPVR related posts only please. No DSS Hack talk will be allowed!
HDTV Hardware
For the talk about HDTV hardware for reception. For both OTA receivers and Sat receivers. NOTE...Information regarding HDTV displays should be posted in the proper displays area.
Hope that helps

Bill Mullin

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Vince,

Thanks VERY much for the links. Using the information you provided, I've found answers to ALL my questions re. the Dish Network, PVR's, etc.

Thanks again,
Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks