discountave.net bad experience

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by BlakeN, Mar 23, 2004.

1. BlakeN

BlakeN Stunt Coordinator

If anyone else has shopped here I would like to hear from you. I feel that they might be running some kind of scam to get people to come to their webpage.

I ordered a car amp from them 6 weeks ago. A soundstream EGA2220 to be exact. They had the best price and are a yahoo certified store. Three days after ordering (1 business day) I recieved an email saying the item was out of stock and if I wanted I could either email them or call and have my order processed. I emailed them back, asking if they had an estimate on how long the item would be on back order. After 4 days without a responce I called them. The person in customer service said it would be about 3-4 weeks. Since I didnt need the amp for a while I decided to go ahead and process the order. The customer service rep sounded surpsided but at the time I didnt think anything of it. So after 3 weeks I sent them off another email asking for an update. I told them I just wanted to touch base and see how the shipment was coming. After a week with no responce I sent them another email which was basicaly a cut and past of my previous emai. Three days later they replied and said the item was still on back order. I sent them another email asking what the estimated time was on the shipment. This morning 6 weeks later they told me it would be 3-4 weeks. As of right now and for the last 6 weeks the amp I ordered is still for sale on their webpage with no mention of it being out of stock.

2. Erik*R

Erik*R Agent

all I can say is next time check resellerratings.com and if they have been in business long and still dont showup on resellerratings.. that is a BIG BIG flag to watchout.

just my $0.02

3. BlakeN

BlakeN Stunt Coordinator

Hey thanks for the tip.

Edit: BTW I did a search for the amp I want at resellerratings.com and discount ave came up with the product and listed as in stock.