What's new

Dirty Harry: Ultimate Collection Edition? (1 Viewer)

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale

Anyone else notice the problem that Paul is describing? Dirty Harry is one of my favourite movies so I want this to be as perfect release as possible, still haven't recieved my set either, the anticipation is killing me!

Is there any actual shots of the packaging on the web apart from the WB publicity shots?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
amazon's listing has clear shots of the set.

also this set can be had for under $70 from the warner online store with the use of a code.
ANWBTS

you have to buy 2 dvds to activate that code.
free shipping for a $50 purchase.
mine was delivered today.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I only got Dirty Harry. I might pick up some of the others when they get single releases...like they did with Oceans 11-13. Paul, i will let you know how it looks on my Plasma. What kind of display do you have Paul?

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I will be picking up the set on Friday and I would have also picked up Oceans 11 - 13 if it had lossless. With so many other great titles available now and coming soon. I see no reason to purchase a HD title with the tired old washed up Dolby Digital track. I just do not see it as a value and have always been disapointed in Dolby Digital sonically. Personally I would rather have better audio and will put off titles that do not offer lossless on Blu-ray. I am kinda glad they did not bother with DD+ on Blu-ray.

So I will be spending my money on the following titles this Friday.

Dirty Harry: Ultimate Collector's Edition
National Treasure
National Treasure: Book Of Secrets

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Thats a very dark scene, but I didnt notice any black crush. Im connected through component.

Did anyone think the dialogue during the stadium scene was a bit low?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Thats a very dark scene, but I didnt notice any black crush. Im connected through component.

Did anyone think the dialogue during the stadium scene was a bit low?

A few scenes looked a bit washed out but overall I think this is a pretty swell looking disc.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

Maybe it is just the scene. I know that in that particular one, I could see no detail, just black from the left-hand side of the screen to about two-thirds of the way over when Callahan was standing on top of trash can. The first third of the frame, from the right-hand side over showed detail as it was lit by a street lamp.

Some of the scenes at Mount Davidson also looked extremely dark with little detail. Again, it could be my display, which I adore despite this one failing (black levels). I'd love to have a Kuro, but I know I'm lucky to have the display I have.

I can't seem to recall noticing low dialoge levels during the stadium scene, but there were a couple of times where I thought the dialoge was low throughout the film.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Im using a CRT Sony.

I wont be home for 2 days so maybe someone can do a comparison of that scene with the SD version

Didnt think about it....I should have brought the bluray with me to check on my G/Fs 50 inch Sony w/ her sons playstation.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I actually meant to say "Magnum Force", but something came up yesterday and didn't get a chance to watch it. Today, it just got bumped by "Patton" so off to the HT I go..........

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks