What's new

DirecTV Install Question (1 Viewer)

Tim Holyoke

Second Unit
We have DTV, and the installer is coming Fri. to switch the current round dish w/a multisatellite and bring a Tivo. We've always done our own installing, but DTV required the "professional" to come out for this. The install and everything is going to be free. A couple questions:

1. Will the new dish be able to go on the same mounting bracket? I'm hoping so, the one on there now has been there 10+ years, and I don't want to have to change it.

2. How much is included in the "free install?" Only 1 more cable will need to be ran, but they go through a basement window and then up through the floor from the basement. The dish is 50' from the house, so the cable will be laying in our yard until the ground thaws. How much cable is included? If we only need 1 run, will he leave an extra 100' if we ask?

I'm hoping the installer isn't a complete moron...? I'm assuming that he will kind of do things how we want him to? Anything else I should be aware of/leary of? Thanks a lot.

Todd Henry

Second Unit
1. I had a round dish and they had to move it when I got the oval dish, because the old place didn't have a full view of all of the satellites because part of my house ended up blocking it. Although if there is nothing in the way, you should be fine.

2. What they include usually depends on the installer. Some are nicer than others. The length of the run doesn't matter, but sometimes they will charge for a wall fish which is ~$50.

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks