What's new

Directors and Editor Teams (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I've long been intrigued by the long running working relationships directors have with their editors, and a friend just inquired about the subject. Off the top of my head is Martin Scorsese and Thelma Schoonmaker and Quentin Tarantino and Sally Menke (RIP). What other dynamic duos are there in cinema?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Dang, what can Wikipedia NOT tell us?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_film_director_and_editor_collaborations

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
I live for stuff like this. The Sally Menke montage Tarantino kept on the Death proof dvd does show us a part of him that is never represented in the media.Very sweet. He must've been sad for a while when she passed away. And on the singular collaborations side,let's give high praise to Verna Fields for Jaws and Anne V.Coates for Lawrence of Arabia

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
And the collaboration between Tim Burton and Chris Lebenzon (19 years, started with Batman Returns) isn't even on that list, for some reason.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Originally Posted by Brian Borst

And the collaboration between Tim Burton and Chris Lebenzon (19 years, started with Batman Returns) isn't even on that list, for some reason.

The list seems to be limited to Director/Editor pairs that have produced at least one Best Picture, Best Director, or Best Editor nomination.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks