What's new

Direct Graphic DVD Comparisons now Online! (1 Viewer)

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member
New...
MGM (20th Anniversary Theatrical + Extended) - Region 1 - NTSC 'Robocop' vs. MGM (Lenticular Edition) - Region 1 - NTSC vs. MGM (Trilogy) - Region 1 - NTSC vs. Criterion - Region 0 - NTSC vs. MGM - Region 2,4 - PAL
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/
Best,

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member
New...
Warner - Region 1 - NTSC "Deliverance" vs. Warner (Deluxe Edition) - Region 1,2,3,4 - NTSC
and we added a few digi-caps to the below comparison (although it doesn't do the Blu-ray justice):
Sony Blu-ray "A Few Good Men" vs. Sony Pictures (Special Edition) - Region 1,3,4 - NTSC vs. Sony Pictures (SuperBit) - Region 0 - NTSC
Best,

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I recieved my Deliverance SE today. Though, the new transfer has beautifully rich colors, it seems to have less fine detail than the previous DVD transfer. Also, the opening credits has the title, DELIVERANCE in full capitals, whereas the previous transfer was in lower, case: Deliverance.
This film was flashed by Vilmos Zsigmond, who used the process on many of the films he shot in the 70s and this new transfer looks more like a flashed film than the previous transfer did. Warner seem to have used a different 35mm element for this new transfer than they used for their circa 2000 transfer. Don't get me wrong - I think that it looks great, but I am so used to the subtle lowercase titling on the opening credits, that I was taken aback.

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
Gordon McMurphy said:
SE today. Though, the new transfer has beautifully rich colors, it seems to have less fine detail than the previous DVD transfer... This film was flashed by Vilmos Zsigmond, who used the process on many of the films he shot in the 70s and this new transfer looks more like a flashed film than the previous transfer did. Warner seem to have used a different 35mm element for this new transfer than they used for their circa 2000 transfer.
Maybe the previous DVD was contrast-boosted and sharpened, and Zsigmond and/or Boorman was unsatisfied...?
EDIT: It's also possible that the elements have deteriorated a lot since 2000.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I wish The Mount would release the original theatrical cut of The Warriors for those of us who happen to dislike the, IMO, ill conceived "comic book frame" transitions Hill put into the DC...I know the original can be had if you look hard enough (I have had it for years) but to have the original cut in a nice HD transfer would be fantastic.

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member
2 more....
Troma Team - Region 0 - NTSC "The Stendahl Syndrome" vs. Blue Underground (2 Disc Special Edition) - Region 0 - NTSC vs. Medusa (Medusa English Version Disc 2) - Region 2 - PAL vs. Medusa (Medusa Italian Version Disc 1) - Region 2 - PAL
BFI - Region 2 - PAL "Cry of the City" vs. Carlotta Films - Region 2 - PAL vs. Suevia Films - Region 0 - PAL
Best,

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member
It's here:
Warner (Europe) - Region 0 - PAL "2001: A Space Odyssey" vs. MGM - Region 1 - NTSC vs. Warner (Remastered Edition) - Region 1 - NTSC vs. Warner (2-disc Special Edition) Region 1,2,3,4 - NTSC

I apologize for the download size of the page.
Cheers,

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
The Shining is a great comparison! The 2-disc edition looks great. I'll certainly be picking up the new box.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
I was hoping DVDBeaver would show either the "helicopter shadow" shot or the "helicopter rotors" shot from early in the movie to see if the matting erases those errors or not. Oh well, I'll find out Tueday...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks