What's new

Dipole or Bipole or Quasi pole? what to buy >$500 (1 Viewer)

Marty D.

Agent
Ok I have read all the discussions about mono vs dipole vs bipole. I am still confused. My new room is 12 by 18. I plan on having my current direct radiators (pinnancles) in the front, center, and rear center. I wanted to put bi or di poles on the rear sides. Or quasi dipoles that have the highs out of phase but the lows in phase.

First which one. Bi, DI or quasi?

What brands would match my current setup or are best sounding?

I have auditioned PSB Atlantic and Def Tech. Unfortunately all have been in different settings. So far I felt that the PSB's were the fullest sounding but again this test was limited because the material was different and the location.

The use will be primarily for movies.

John A. Casler

Second Unit
How about a "TRI-POLE"? as in the K-4 from M&K

See the scoop below about the M&K K-4 at $450 a pr.

The K-4 Tripole™ allows multichannel audio enthusiasts to enjoy M&K's exclusive Tripole technology at its most affordable price ever in in a very compact size.

Suggested Retail Price:

K-4 in Black or White $450 pair / $225 each

=======================

Or the VMPS Dipole beats the rest in that price bracket if you want high sound levels and a broader frequency response.

(I can get them for you for around $500, although they are listed for $700)

========================

Or you could look at the JAMO E4SUR at only $240 a pr.

========================

Or the Atlantic 174SR for $330 pr.

JAC

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
You should probably stick with Pinnacle for the rears (if possible). Ultimately it will boil down to preference whether you go with bipolar or dipolar or direct radiating. Good luck!

Marty D.

Agent
Thanks for the reply. I am getting ahead of myself a bit. Still deconstructiong the new HT room. It did have a wall with a fireplace. Yes did!! Now it is perfect rectangle. That helps the acoustics alot. I do need to listen to directs on the sides I guess. It always seemed like I was getting too much localization when I had it set up before. Granted I had the rears in the corners pointed toward the listening position.

I will add M&K to the audition list. I want quality but also realize that every additional $ I spend on these postpones the purchase of my RPTV.

This is such a bad habit. But worth it!!

Thanks Again

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks