What's new

Digital connection no longer working on Apex 600A. Need help. (1 Viewer)

The other day I wanted to watch one of my Region 2 PAL DVD's, so I loaded it up on my trusty ol' region free Apex 600A. Low and behold, it seems as if the digital coaxial connection is no longer working, so if I want any sound at all, I need to use the analog left and right outputs.:frowning:
Has anyone ever had this problem and is there a way to fix it? Since it is the Apex with the "hidden menu" I don't want to send it out to them for repair.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
The same thing happened to my Apex and a friends also. Both had hidden menu but we both bought new players because aside from being region free, the Apex was a poor performer in all other respects(IMO). I don't know how you can fix it without sending it in for repair. Sorry i couldn't be of more help to ya. Just wanted to let ya know that this problem seems fairly common with the Apex AD600A.

Darren Davis

Stunt Coordinator
I think my friend had a similar problem and he had to mess with the back panel because the connections were coming loose. I think he actually had to tape it down or something.

Jimmy P

Stunt Coordinator
Does the sound return if you tap on the case?

If so it could be a loose connection as described in the previous post.Sometimes the connections between the main board and the rear board are poor from the factory.

You will have to pull the cover to check though.Take care if you tap with the cover off,if you get zapped by the power supply you wont be worrying about the player anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks