What's new

Digging up Dad (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
After reading your first post I thought you _were_ spitballing ideas for a book on spec. =) Very odd story but I'm sure there are hundreds like it left behind from coverups of all kind. If you are sincere about this, and not some crackpot making up stories to get a laugh out of making a few HT buffs conspiracy fantasies rage, then I wish you luck in your endeavors.

Sam

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
yes, there are way too many stories like this.

Honestly I wish it was all a story and I actually got to meet my father.

The little bits and pieces I have shared with you is about all I know about him.

My wish would be to dig him up, see that's it him from records and put the whole thing to bed.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
That is an amazing story, Grant. I remember you making occasional references to your dad's strange fate before, so I know this isn't some weird prank you're playing on us.

I wish I had the financial means to help, man.

Of course, I'd want to be named executive producer once you sold the story to Hollywood :p)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Late to the thread... (as usual)

he said my dad probably worked for the government and somebody felt sympathethic about his death and fixed it with social security so I would get benefits even though he didn't exist in SS
I'd worry about the Feds coming after you for SS fraud if this were true.

Rather than excavate altogether at this time, shouldn't it be possible to hire someone with appropriate radar/sonor equipment or whatever it is that geologists use to study subterranean features, and "check" if there is indeed a casket in the plot? This is only relevant since you say it appears no hole was ever dug, unless of course your mother or someone else you know attended an actual funeral and remembers a hole and a casket being put into it.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
This title looked familiar.....like he said

how'd you find this thread from over 3 years ago?
There was a history channel series on kennedy / Bay of Pigs etc. that seems like it was written about him. It said Kennedy did not trust the CIA or their info so he went around them with his own intelligence using military posing as normal people....honeymooners (BINGO!) etc.

Maybe someday I will know for sure but it'll work for now

Mom came up with a zinger....she was in a taxi with him in Havana and he pointed to a normal warehouse and said it was the secret prison where Castro tortures prisoners.

My reply "Mom that's not in the Fudor's guide to Havana, how would he know that?"

Long Pause...."Yeah you're right"

There is a set of books called, "The Bishop Family in America" and my family is basically vol 3. The relatives in Appleton (That's where Dave) moved and since I am the last "Bishop" I got a box full of Paper.

To update the book my grandfather filled in the info on my dad. I know it was him since my horrible handwriting runs in the family. The date of his death is the one on his death certificate.

About a half inch away in another handwriting is a small note "He died .....(and another date about 3 years later)"

....very different date (not like they tranposed a number)

So he lived to die again which told me what I really wanted to know.

So if nothing else I have some really great Bar Stories

Thanks for "Diggin up the thread"

Grant

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Thanks for updating the story, Grant. Your story has really left a lasting impression on me and I've thought about it frequently ever since I read it 3 years ago. It sounds like you've got some closure, at least. If anything new transpires, please update this thread again, k?

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Thanks!

It is pretty interesting even trying to be impartal.

It's funny how I easily could have gone through my life and not even noticed that there was something strange in Appleton. My mother almost did but once I got her thinking it made perfect sense.

I didn't want it to turn into an obession since I think it easily could of. I have my life to live and from the stories he packed a lot in 24 or more years.

I was hoping I could find someone to flip the bill to dig him up for an exculsive or whatever but no takers.

Frankly seeing an email with the details from stranger out of the blue would be hard to believe.

My mother telling me she turned on the evening news and he was reporting about the overthrow of a government in South America brought up the "microsoft blue screen of death" in my brain. Anyone else I would of laughed at and told them not to stop taking their pills but I knew she never lied to the point of being brutal. Her telling me the day your father died was the best day of my life when I was a kid says it all.

Anyway if he shows up at my door someday, you'll be able to read it here folks!

Unless the government supresses it or something

Grant

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Freaky coincidence. Last night's Daily Show had John H. Richardson whose dad was a CIA operative who was "outed" by a White House staff member some forty years ago, ruining his cover.
Grant, your dad's mysterious background sounds so much better. I really hope you uncover something exciting about him very soon. I have this image of him having been a "hired assassin" for the C.I.A. :D

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
Grant:

I have links to old AF Basic Training graduation pics. If you can give a name and when he was there, I could possibly get his flight photo. I figure it was late fifties or so.

Bill

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
He managed to get an honorable discharge in 6 weeks I believe and does not show up at the AF academy even though many people claim he was there, I will email some details in a while

Thanks

Francois

Thanks....all I need is a good cartoonist and I got the 007 animated superspy!

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
As for the grave......

*. No record of anyone digging a hole. The death-care service industry does tend to keep very good records (what else do they do while the clients are still alive?).

Lets assume somebody was actually buried

* Buried in a pine box? = very likely a mostly decomposed skeleton

* Buried in a coffin & vault? = some salvageable DNA from mummified tissue... maybe

Assuimg a CIA conspiracy the corpse is as likely to be a homeless guy as your dad.

Anyway

* Anonymous "company" will buy plots in several cemeteries around the world. Sometimes they're unused, sometimes people are buried, some are above-groud crypts (the things that look like a knocked-over stonehenge) that are used as supply caches.

* Don't laugh, drug runners use cemetery crypts all the time. Why not spy peoples.

And you probably don't need to exhume. You could probably rent one of those ultrasonic "corpse detectors" to check if anyones in the grave for a fraction of the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks