What's new

Difficulty removing discs from Singin In The Rain SE (1 Viewer)

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Even though the hubs had the "Press here" button that's supposed to release the disc, I had tremendous difficulty removing the discs. It was like the death grip hubs on the old style Fight Club cases! As a result, Disc 1 of Singin In The Rain has some ugly scratch marks on it! :angry: Fortunately, the movie played fine. Anyone else have any problem with this or the other Warner 2 disc special editions that came out today? (Unforgiven, True Romance, etc.)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
My experience;
The Unforgiven discs came out quite nicely, and I was pleasantly surprised. Then I tried the Singin' In The Rain discs and they were very troublesome. Also, last week I was damn near unable to remove the Young Ones discs without snapping them in half.

steve blake

Stunt Coordinator
took me ages to get the discs out for singin in the rain at one point I thought disc 1 was going to snap,true romance discs though came out quite easy.

DeVario

Agent
I picked all five titles up today and had the most trouble with the Unforgiven disc one. I thought I was going to break that one in half. But it came out after a while.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
My True Romance is damn near impossible, but not as bad as my all time worst: Bridge On the River Kwai! I actually snapped bits off so I could get the discs out easily!

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
death grip hubs...
I've encountered the "hubs from hell" phenomenon as well.
It's ridiculous!
Doesn't ANYBODY do tests on these things [to check for user-friendliness] before they're released for public use?! Or do they actually think it's desirable to have to spend 5 minutes on each and every disc-removal session?! :angry:
Another stupid thing designed into many cases are the plastic "walls" that plug up what are supposed to be the "recessed" areas for your fingers (so you can grab the discs edges)! What is the point of these 4 recessed "finger" areas at all, if they're going to fill them up with a plastic barrier?! Idiotic! -End: tantrum mode- :)

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
I find it easy to remove these discs by placing the case on a flat surface (table top will do) and pressing down on the center hub firmly. The disc then releases very easily. This is what I did for
Singin' In The Rain. If you try to take the discs out while holding the case in your hand, they are difficult to remove. In the old days hubs used to break in shipment. Now they don't.

BarryS

Second Unit
I had a hell of a time trying to remove the True Romance discs. The packaging seems like what Miramax used for the Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown DVDs, but I don't remember having any trouble with those. I took a few minutes to get the True Romance disc out.

Cary T

Screenwriter
Singin' In The Rain and True Romance discs were rather tighter than normal, but I didn't experience the trouble expressed in this thread. I still need to open Amadeus...

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
I had the same exact problem with Symphonic Yes. Once I finally got it out, I pressed quite firmly on the hub multiple times to loosen it up a bit. Seems better, but not great, now. I hate this type of hub.

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Yeah I had to take "AMADEUS" back because I couldn't get Disc 1 out and neither could the guy in the store. So he gave me a new one, but even that was hard to remove. "TRUE ROMANCE" was also difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks