What's new

Different speakers for movies vs music - thinking about RF-7s (1 Viewer)

Chris T. Kennedy

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all.

I picked up a Klipsch RC-7 to replace my long time "got me all the way through college and more" Cerwin Vega back in July. Obviously there is quite a difference. Now only the front L/R remain as the ones needing to be replaced before the HT is officially in version 2.0.

That said, I have heard the RF-7s demoed at a store here in Houston & they sound pretty good. It was only on whatever they had playing at the time (I haven't selectively tried several different titles, music, etc on them). I am considering making a speaker purchase sometime in 2006, but I want to ask you all something.

I watch movies, but I also listen to music. The music can be classical, oldies, rock (70s,80s,90s), pop, whatever. I may put on AC/DC and then switch over to the DTS disc of the Hallelujah Chorus. I have heard some people mention that the RF-7s might not be the best for music.

While I suppose that some here may discourge the RF-7s altogether, I am interested in hearing from two groups:

1: Do you have a second pair of front L/R hooked up for music listening? - or - how many of you music/movie people feel that a second set of speakers is not needed.

2: Of those here that own the RF-7s - Do you listen to music on them?...if so, do you think they perform up to spec for music as well as movies?

Thanks!
C.K.

MikeHU

Stunt Coordinator
Chris, I use my RF-7's for movies more than I do music. However, I believe that most over at the Klipsch forums would agree that the RF-7's are very good for music. I wouldn't use 2 sets of speakers up front. I would, however, suggest running them with enough power. I started with a Denon AVR - 2805, with 100 watts x 7. When I recently added an amp (B&K 200.7) the RF-7's really opened up and started to sing.;) If you like the Klipsch sound, you should be very happy with these for music as well as movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks