What's new

Difference between Polki RTI series and LSI series speakers (1 Viewer)

jackbur23

Agent
Real Name
Jackie
Just wanted to know what the difference was between these two speaker lines....is one better for music?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Polk has three basic bookshelf/floorstanding speaker lines. The Monitor series, the Rti series and the LSi series. All three have been updated in the last year or two and I only have real world experience with the older generation models. I don't buy new speakers because they are just too expensive. You can really get more for your money buying used. The LSi's I currently have (listed below) cost me $1000 off Craigslist. $750 for the 25's and LSiC from one seller and $250 for the LSi7's from another. I'm looking for a good deal on a pair of LSi9's to replace the 7's. I had the previous version RTi's (RTi8's, 6's 4's and the CSi5 center) sveral years ago (my first real complete speaker system).The RTi's are very good speakers but as I said in your other thread, I thought they were overly bright in my room. The new RTi's seem to have been toned down a bit. The LSi's are a big step forward. Where the RTi's were bright, the LSi's are much more subdued. But they quickly grow on you and imo the bass is deep with the LSi9's, 15's and 25's, the midrange is just about spot-on and the highs are magical with that Vifa Ring-radiating tweeter. The quality of the parts and construction is much better with the LSi's as they should be considering they sold for about 2 1/2 - 3 times as much.RTi's are great for movies/tv. Brighter speakers make dialog and action scenes more pronounced. But the LSi's were made for music. I could listen to them all day long. I can just imagine how good the new versions sound.Others to consider are Paradigm, Dynaudio, SVS Ultra, Aperion Audio, Ascend Acoustics Sierra's and PSB's among others.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks