Difference between A speakers and B Speakers

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by bob733, Jul 26, 2008.

1. bob733

bob733 Auditioning

Is there any difference between the A and B speakers? The A speakers have large red and white ports while the B speakers have small ports.

I know they are used (for example) if you have speakers in another room but what about any difference between the volume or output levels etc?

The reason I ask is because I had a problem hooking my cables up to the A speakers so I used the B speakers (which ports were easier to attach the cable).

Thanks in advance,

Bob

2. Carl Gaff

Carl Gaff Second Unit

Normally both the A & B speakers hook-ups offer the same power/output to the speakers but I would check your receiver's manual to make sure

3. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    There is far too much variance between how the A and B works on every receiver ever made in the history of audio to give any constructive answer to the question with the info provided.

4. Carl Gaff

Carl Gaff Second Unit

That's why I advised him to check his manual..............

5. Cloud

Cloud Agent

I'd have to agree here. I can use my B hookups for bi-amping, for a zone 2, or for ambiance speakers all depending on how I setup the receiver. My last receiver just output the exact same signal and power to both A and B. All depends on what receiver you have and how it's set up.

6. bob733

bob733 Auditioning

I have the Sony STR-DG720 Multi Channel AV Receiver and I have been checking the manual for any difference between the A and B Speakers.

Haven't seen anything yet so I am assuming there is no real difference.

Bob