What's new

Didn't know that Erika Elaniak was in ET (1 Viewer)

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
I was watching The Adventures of Baron Munchausen last night and was surprised to discover that Sally is a very young Sarah Polley (of The Sweet Hereafter and Go fame).

RobertW

Supporting Actor
now i remember vaughn in rudy. i wonder if that's where he and favreau became buddies?

favrau was also 'gutter' in pcu.

PhilipW

Second Unit
Patrick,

She was also in Clear and Present Danger.

How about Bill Paxton giving Arnold his clothes in the original Terminator. He had a 8 inch pink mohawk if I remember correctly.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
If our focus is childhood appearances in film.....
Last week I saw 7 year old Natalie Wood in Tomorrow Is Forever{1946).

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Great thread but you all missed out the ultimate, that little girl in ET was...
wait for it...
...Drew Barrymore!! [everyone gasps], yes yes Drew 'Poison Ivy' Barrymore
[more gasps], and now we must all gather round my brethren and watch again Drew's finest moments from 'Poison Ivy' [even more gasps and some fainting].:D :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
Nothing to do with movies, but I was pretty surprised when I saw Bruce Springsteen's video clip of Dancer In The Dark not too long ago, and I realized the girl he pulled out of the audience to dance with him was no other than Courtney Cox.
All that time I thought it was such a spontaneous act from Bruce....;)

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Michael Madsen was also the ill-fated Bump Bailey in The Natural
As for vaughn and favreau, if you all see the new special edition of Swingers (highly recommended) Favreau says that they met on the set of Rudy, and that when Favreau moved to LA, vaughn was the only guy that Favreau knew, so they kind of became friends. I still think it was weird when I saw Dinner for Five and I realized that Sean Astin was in not only Rudy and Lord of the Rinds, but also in Encino Man and Goonies!
Oh yeah, and Kevin Bacon in Animal House ("thank you sir may I have another... [crack] ... thank you sir may I have another....")

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Sorry, this post is pretty dead, but I had to add to it. Laura Elena Harring, the brunnete in Mulholland Drive, is the Lambada chick from The Forbidden Dance. Former Miss USA or Miss Universe, too.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Since you resurrected the thread...
Penelope Ann Miller as the nerdy friend at the bus station in Adventures In Babysitting.
Brad

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Heres a good one, the little boy kicking Elvis Presley on the shin in It Happened at the World's Fair is... Kurt Russell! [gasps and some 'never heard of it' mumbling].
And by strange fate Kurt played the King himself in the TV movie Elvis The Movie [more gasps and some yawning], and than in another quirk of fate Kurt played an Elvis impersonator in 3000 Miles to Graceland [fainting and some obscene gestures]...:D

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
The one I have to chuckle about who keeps turning up is Kirsten Dunst. Small Soldiers, Anastasia, Jumanji, Interview With the Vampire, Little Women, she even was in an episode of Star Trek TNG.

Yeah, it's typical for a child actress, but unlike say Macauly Caulkin, she's still around.

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
How about a not-as-young-as-he-seems Brad Pitt as one of the yuppie kids during the fight scene in Less Than Zero? Man, I used to have the serious hots for Jami Gertz.
And then there's Sara Michelle Gellar as one of the town children in Funny Farm, but I think my friend pointed that out to me years later.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
She wasn't quite a child, but how about Courteney Cox in both "Misfits of Science" and the dreadful "He-Man" movie with Dolph Lundgren and Frank Langella?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks