What's new

did you know Def Tech powered Towers are not shielded? (1 Viewer)

Eric Tobias

Agent
I spoke to Def Tech today regarding green corners on my 53" RCA. I asked him if the speakers were shieled? He said the main drivers are but the powered sub is not. I have these about 1 ft from either side of the TV and do not have room to move them farther apart. I bought these 5 months ago.

Will this go away or is the TV permanently damaged. I moved the speakers away from the TV but the corners are still green.

Should be an interesting conversation with the local dealer in the morning.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
If you move the speakers and turn off/on the tv it should "fix" it self. If not it needs to be "degauss" it.

Heath_E

Stunt Coordinator
Just curious, do you have the subs pointing towards the tv, or away from?

Eric Tobias

Agent
I had them pointing away, def tech suggested to turn them. I tried degausing? turning the tv off and on with the speakers far away and no improvement.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Degausing is done by a technition (unless of course you have the tool). It is a wand type of tool that they move around the screen and it puts everything back in order as far as the magnetic issue is concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks