What's new

Did we get b-stock, or are we paranoid? (1 Viewer)

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
I feel like a fool.

I spent the better part of an evening convincing my neighbor to order her new AV receiver from a vendor that has an excellent reputation on HTF. She was reluctant because she likes to buy locally, but the price was so outstanding that she bought the receiver.

It arrived, in what appeared to be a factory-sealed box, inside a larger box, with popcorn between. Nice job, I thought.

The receiver appeared to be factory-packaged, with that plastic wrap, the sealed plastic bag with the manual/remote/etc, and so on. The unit smelled and looked brand-new. Except...

Two of the speaker terminal nuts were loose and needed to be screwed back down. Plus, the metal screws on the sides of the unit, while not stripped, have a few flecks of paint missing. Finally, the batteries were in that hard plastic wrapping stuff, but although the batteries were sealed together part of their wrapping was open or missing.

I think that the unit is definitely brand-new. Its box has a shipping label from the manufacturer to the retailer, and everything about it looks and feels new. My neighbor is concerned about the few items mentioned above.

Does she just need a drink, or should she send this thing back? Again, this is from a mail-order vendor with a great rep on HTF.

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
She needs the drink in my opinion. Screws can have scratches from the factory install, it is even possible that they used this one for a spot test on the line which would explain the speaker nuts not being tight.

Like everything else you can buy there is going to be a couple of small flaws and those are about the smallest I have heard of.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Update: Well, the drinks were great; margaritas all around. And the receiver sounds great. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks