What's new

Did My Printer Die? (1 Viewer)

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Hey all... Got some problems!

I have a rather cheapo Epson C66 printer. I think I got it 6 or so months ago.

Today I replaced my yellow ink tank because it had been low. I had the cartridge for weeks, just hadn't put it in Then I print a test page and I'm missing half my color! From what I can tell, it's not producing any blue (changed last, before the yellow, still 80% full) and the new yellow isn't producing at ALL. I have used the Nozzle head cleaning option so many times I've just about used up all my ink. Nothing I do gets the colors to print though, all i see is a light pink color and some black. Like I said, nothing is producing blue or yellow.

I have no idea what to do. I'm thinking it might be new computer printer buying time. If that is the case, could someone recommend a brand? I've used epson for years, but maybe I will try something different. My only requirements are it be under $100 and have the seperate ink tanks, 4 if possible. And if any brand's replacement tanks are cheapest, I am so there!

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Ok Bill, that is just eerie. I just got back from my local Fry's with that same printer! I saw the Newegg add, but it was only $15 difference. I am an impatient sort, so I got it now.

I guess my other one is dead then huh? Would still love to know what happened.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's best to just treat printers as disposable computing items.

I have the Canon IP4000, and haven't regretted the decision these past 6 months.

Bill Mc

Grip
Adam.

Let me know how you like the printer. I should be getting mine sometime next week.

Bill

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Inkjet printers are the disposable cameras of the computer world. It simply isn't worth what it would cost to fix them anymore.

I had a Xerox all-in-one (scanner/printer/etc.) for about seven years, and it was long-since discontinued. The last time I needed ink for it, I couldn't find any off-brand ink cartridges. The Xerox-branded cartridges (1 color, 1 black) cost a combined $80 at my local Office Depot. That same day they had a Lexmark all-in-one on sale for $90. Gee, which would you buy? :) I got my two ink cartridges with a brand-new printer/fax wrapped around them for only $10 more for the Xerox ink. (And I can get cheap ink on the internet for it.)

Regards,

Joe

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
I haven't hooked it up yet or even opened it. Aside from having company, I am hesitant to open it, I guess maybe seeing if my other one is salvagable... but from what I gather from the replies... my old printer = RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks