What's new

Did I make a mistake? HTF League (1 Viewer)

Stacey_V

Stunt Coordinator
I'm starting to think that I am in over my head here. I signed up early on when the post was made to start the HTF Online Football league. It sounded like a lot of fun, so I figured what the hell...and signed up. I know very little about Football in general, and I have never played in any sort of online sports league. Reading some of the posts here, I'm sensing that a lot of you that signed up are old time players, with a lot of experience. Am I going to enjoy myself at all, with getting my ass handed to me at each toss of the ball? Even more important, are any of you guys going to even want to play with a newbie who doesn't have a friggin clue? What really made me concerned is when someone posted in one of the threads that he couldn't believe that the SeaHawks were already gone... :b Did I choose the wrong team? :D
I haven't yet picked up 2K3, but I will be doing so this weekend. I think I need to *practice* up a bit.
Post your thoughts gentlemen....I'd like to know what you think. Do I pull out now, or stick it out and take it like a man? :D

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Stacey,
Not all of us are experienced in online play.
I'm either banging heads with my best friend,or playing the ole' comp.

I did play some online with 2K1 for the DC - but I either got my butt kicked, or I was kicking butt & the player quit.

I hope you stay.

I also hope that this being the HTF, & we having higher standards,that no one will go the "I'm quitting the game because I screwed up!: route.

If we can do that - (and I can win a game or 2) - then I'll be really happy.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I wouldn't worry about it right now, The game won't be online until November, which should give you enough time to at least become a decent player.

I'm not in this league myself. But a suggestion might be to schedule the season in a way that would have those who are new to videogame football playing others who are in the same boat for the first few weeks.

GaryP

Second Unit
Stacey,
How can I put this as polite as possible: I played a few of the fella's from the HTF back when the DC 2K1 came out... I wouldn't worry too much, if you catch my drift ;) (Just kidding Dean-o, Bugg). Being serious though, I had the most fun (by far)when playing with my fellow HTF members, so I would definitely hang in there and give it a shot. Besides, other than a healthy does of smack-talk aimed at the individual, it wont be the end of the world if anyone ends up 0-16.
Gary

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Dont worry...there will be plenty of bad players to play against when this game goes online.

I am proud to call myself one of those bad players!

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Gary,
I don't know about you, but I think we need to go ahead and schedule a time to play the day Live goes live. :)
It has been far to long since we got to play together. Plus, it will be a lot easier to talk HT with the communicator. No more typing. :emoji_thumbsup:
Stacey,
Don't drop out. You will have plenty of time to become decent at the game. Also, with the Seahawks you get one of the best running-backs in the NFL (Alexander), so use him a lot. :emoji_thumbsup:
-Dean-

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Stacey, so far most of the good players have chimed in asking you to stay...let me add my voice from the extreme opposite side of the scale. I've never played 2K3, I played two quarters of 2K2 and gave up when I was losing by 5 touchdowns on the easy setting, plus I have an extremely cruddy team--the Chargers. (Yeah, yeah, yeah, Tomlinson is okay, but please.) To be honest, I'm not looking forward to getting pummeled by the experienced players, so it's matchups with other new folks that's keeping me interested in the league. Don't be intimidated, I'm sure there are at least a few other rookies out there, and hopefully we can get a few competitive games going between ourselves to compensate for the 75-0 beatings we'll probably take from the veterans.

James Buzek

Auditioning
I'm a novice at NFL 2K3 so I'll be joining you in the loss columns - but I'm pysched about playing. I am also the one that made the comment about the Seahawks. They are my favorite team and I was very surprised to see they were already taken. It's not that they are bad (I love them), its just they are not a very popular team. Don't worry, they have a decent defense (I'm sorry they let Kirkland go though) and Alexander is a top five back in my opinion. If Dilfer comes back from injury - they should have a good season. If your stuck with Hasselback at QB though, just run a lot :)
Are we going to play the league with current active rosters come November? I've heard that NFL 2K3 is able to download current rosters via XBOX Live. I wonder if they will make ratings adjustments at that time too?

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
As others have stated Stacey, don't worry about it. :) I'm far from being a great player with this game myself. There will be alot of teams in the league just like you. I settled for the Jets because someone already had my beloved Steelers and found out that the Jets are actually the #3 rated overall team in NFL 2K3 :emoji_thumbsup: . I've never been part of an online league before so it should be interesting and fun.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Irrelevent.
Sean M., nice sig image. ATHF kicks so much iZass. Mooninites adn Revenge of the Mooninites are my favorite episodes so far in it's young life span up to date. Also, when is new season?

"Ooooh Err, your sexual inuendo is priceless."
I myself hate internet acronyms such as "lol" but those two episodes really are "LoL" funny.

-Bert

Stacey_V

Stunt Coordinator
Ok guys I'm in for the long haul...It's nice to see that you are all looking at this for fun, and not just to win. That is a refreshing attitude, but I expected nothing less from fellow HTF friends.
I will pick up 2K3 this weekend and commence my training....watch out for the Seahawks come November 15th! :D

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I'm sure that when this thing first goes online, that there will be a lot of awful players out their. I remember when 2k1 went online for Dreamcast. Their where a ton of numbskulls that would go for it on 4th and long when their quarterback has his ass-cheeks hanging over his own goal-line after getting flattened for three consecutive losses on the opening drive of the game. Rinse and repeat and by the 5 minute mark of the game you have opened up a 35-0 margin with only about 75 yards of total offence.

If you don't always go for it on 4th down, don't use the onside kick in the first 3 quarters of the game and make sure to mix up you running and passing game, you should not be getting beat by 75 points even if you are an awful player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks