What's new

did i blow my new revel b-15 sub (1 Viewer)

Scot Pritchard

Stunt Coordinator
Hi every one i just got a new b-15 sub two days ago well last night i was watching lotr and it was sounding pretty good but after the cave troll scene it just stoped working the light is on in back but no sound i was only listening at -10 on my system not even at ref levels. i was told by the sales man that this would be the last sub i would ever buy. so i had to hook back up my trusted svs 20-39cs sub and no problems. what could of happened to the b-15 i never had this problem with the svs and that was only 700.00 compared to 2500.00.

Lee Carbray

Second Unit
It may have a thermal shut down as well if it gets to hot. Try it now and it may work again since it has cooled down.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
if the above takes care of your problem but you find that the problem persists, return it and tell the saleman that he was right. it's the last one i'm gonna buy...from you.

John Royster

Screenwriter
I'd agree. The rels can take a lot of abuse. I'd return it to the dealer for further testing or replacement.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
my kid's got an svs, don't recall the model. it's certainly a capable sub, but damn, it's just so big and ugly...like my sister in law :D

Scot Pritchard

Stunt Coordinator
i did blow the amp an the woofer!!! didnt have the eq set right and caused some sort of weird notch filter that the amp couldnt handle.

Scot Pritchard

Stunt Coordinator
yes they should have a new woffer and amd by tuesday and they are bringing to my house to set it up for me that pretty good service i think

Scot Pritchard

Stunt Coordinator
he told me i had the eq on the sub set wrong and it was causing a certain nitch filter and the amp was trying to compensate for it and thats what caused it.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
somehow that explanation sounds peculiar but glad to hear it's going to be taken care of.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks