What's new

Did anyone see Katie Holmes on Letterman last night? (1 Viewer)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
" is there ANY way he could have gone on the show and you would have thought that Tom WASN'T trying to salvage his reputation?"

True enough, but the interview was very fluffy. David has an ability to make anybody uncomfortable by pushing. In this case it appears they told him to play nice!

Brent

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
:laugh: Tom is so evil in that GIF.

Tom was a little calmer on Leno than he was on Oprah but he was still enthusiastic about his love. He even jumped on the couch to make fun of himself. I don't think he puts on an act during the interviews and he even appears a little uncomfortable.

~T

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I saw some footage of his Today interview this morning. I thought he went a little too far with what he said to Matt Lauer.

~T

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Regarding The Today Show interview, Tom is really an expert in medicine and psychology now. :rolleyes:Not to say that what he says doesn't have some credence, but to come off as such an expert because "he has read the history", therefore dismissing the AMA or any other dissenter is somewhat sad. Oh well, it's his life, not mine.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I've been trying to avoid all this (apparently not hard enough since I'm posting in this thread :rolleyes:), but I do work at a newspaper, and it's pretty difficult to ignore. I've also been looking forward to Batman Begins and WOTW for some time now, and I agree that they did not need any more publicity.

I have to admit, though, as weird as this whole thing has been, I'm kind of inclined to believe it may be for real, because if it's fake, it sure has been badly acted.

And if they're happy, then so be it. I'm happy that they're happy. It just has all seemed extremely strange, even by Hollywood standards, and that, again, may be a sign that it is genuine.

You're guess is as good as mine. :alien:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That is hilarious.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
If he would just encourage people and fans to research the history of drugs and anti-psychotics at your local library that would be a great way of doing it.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
But he is coming from the angle that everyone is infected with the crispy remains of the many billions of people Xenu stacked around volcanos and blew up 75 million years ago. I would think that make anything he has to say about mental illness at least a little suspect.

DougWright

Stunt Coordinator
To be fair, according to some sites, it would have cost Tom upwards of 300,000 dollars to get to the level in Scientology where he would have first heard of Xenu. (Without checking I think it is level three).
I, for one, would be too ashamed to admit I spent that much after hearing about it. I would then just stick with it and chalk another one up to life experience.

:D

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor

But, Doug, $300K to Tom Cruise is like $30 to you and me - pocket change (unless he did this before Risky Business launched his career - I have to admit I don't know his Scientology bio at all).

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I'm just guessing but I would imagine Cruise has given well in excess of $300k to the church of scientology.

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
Well, you know that L. Ron Hubbard said before that, (pharaphrasing) the easiest way to make money was by starting your own religion. Seems he took his advice.

And I knew I really didn't like Tom Cruise, but now I finally have a good reason. He's crazy.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
It is amazing how many celebs are Scientologists. Just curious. Not to get into a religious debate about Scientology. But, do the Scientologists consider it a religion or "guideline" for living? For example. If Cruise was/is Catholic. Does he still go to church or celebrate the holidays. Or does he consider himself a Scientologist not a Catholic?

SarahG

Second Unit
Before we know it, this story will even get old and the torch will be passed to somebody else.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I was listening to the radio this morning. They have a Hollywood moment type thing and here is the latest on Tom.
Tom is supposedly gay. He goes into contracts with women as his "beard". The deal would be like a ten year contract or something like that. Then on a certain date, splitsville.

You didn't hear that from me though...:laugh:

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
I am not sure how 'Tom being gay' is the latest, that story is as old as Tom's career.

And since it seems Katie is being indoctrinated into scientology, dumping old contacts, being given new minders etc, unless she leaves that she could be in a long haul.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
That was some website Jason. If that isn't slander, I don't know what is!

I'd still do Katie, but I don't think she could act her way out of a paper bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks