Did anyone see Katie Holmes on Letterman last night?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by todd s, Jun 10, 2005.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Did anyone watch Katie Holmes on Letterman last night? It was bizarre. She Dave was needling her about Tom. And it almost felt uncomfortable. Then Dave asks If people can only she 1 movie and it was between her movie(Batman) or Tom's (War of the Worlds) what should they see. She didn't answer at first..then Dave kept pushing and she said she would say Tom's, because she has to support him. It is kinda of bizarre how close they are after only dating two months.

2. Scott-S

Scott-S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Scott
    She did come across as very giddy. Almost drunk.

She didn't seem all that stable for sure.

I bet she will get some heat from her publicity people for telling people to watch Tom's movie if they could only see one. That is not what she was there to plug.

3. Wendy_L

Wendy_L Supporting Actor

How evil of him to do that....I love it! I would pick "War of the Worlds" over "Batman" too. [​IMG]

I still find them a strange pair.

4. John_Lee

John_Lee Supporting Actor

Well, since Tom spends all his publicity time touting his supernatural powers and ripping Brooke Shields, someone has to do it. [​IMG]

5. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    There was some statement from Nicole Kidman saying Publicity Stunts can backfire. I think she was talking about Tom and Katie.

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Katie looked like she picked up some of Tom's mannerisms, like throwing her upper body, leading with her head, backwards into the chair to show exasperation and laughter. Then, she'd just laugh and smile widely when she didn't want answer Dave's questions with words.

Katie and Cruise have been going out for only 6 weeks, and yet, it feels like 6 months.

7. Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow Cinematographer

Perhaps she's possessed by Xenu?

8. WillG

WillG Producer

Maybe her family should go out and rent a nice white, unmarked van, roll her up in a some carpet, throw her in and get her a nice deprogramming.

9. aldamon

aldamon Second Unit

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. John Mansor

John Mansor Stunt Coordinator

Worst Publicity Stunt, EVER!

11. RichardK

RichardK Second Unit

Of course the whole relationship is a publicity stunt. Batman Begins with Katie Holmes and War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise. Well done. They certainly couldnt put Christian Bale and Dakota Fanning together, now could they. :b
    Also, the whole Brad and Angelina thing...pub stunt in its most blatant form!

-Peace

12. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I don't think it's a publicity stunt. Why even bother? Neither movie is gonna need any help. Outside of the new Star Wars movie, War of The Worlds and Batman Begins are gonna be the biggest movies of the year. It's not like the gossip readers of America are going to be suddenly swayed into seeing those movies now. "Well, I wasn't going to see Batman before but then Tom started dating Katie and I'm defintiely going to see it now."

Maybe I'd believe in a stunt relationship if it was movies that needed publicity. Like if Cedric The Entertainer started dating Nicole Kidman or something[​IMG]

13. RichardK

RichardK Second Unit

Ok, well maybe this isn't a pub stunt, but being the conspiracy theorist that I am, I believe that most celebrity relationships are all too convenient.

14. Jason Adams

Jason Adams Supporting Actor

Roger Jason Adams
    Eh, she's playing the beard a little too enthusiastically for my tastes.

15. Doug R

Doug R Supporting Actor

They'll never last.. Cruise was enamored with Penelope Cruz too. To put it bluntly, celebs have too much available to them to stick with one person.

16. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

I can't believe anyone would think it's a publicity stunt. Does Tom Cruise really need help promoting his disaster movie with Steven Spielberg? Does Katie Holmes need help promoting Batman, which would be more of Christian Bale's movie? I don't think Tom and Katie are nowhere near the type of people who would use each other for something like that.

~T

17. Pete-D

Pete-D Screenwriter

I think this is definitely a very calculated move on Cruise's (or his "people") part.

Sure, perhaps WoTW itself doesn't need more publicity ... but to stay on top, to stay in the limelight ... well you can't buy the kind of press you get with a relationship like this. And always, you never know what other actor or actress is going to knock you off the top of the heap, you want to stay in the public eye, and with Tom Cruise now hitting 40, I think he is pushing harder to stay on top.

It's always been that way with Hollywood. A lot of people go to the movies because they just want to see that particular movie -- *however* there is a large crowd of people that go to see the movie as much for the celebrity in the movie than what the movie is about.

Mr. And Ms. Smith for instance I doubt would have quite the same buzz as it has built because of all the tabloid gossip and what not.

18. Dan Keefe

Dan Keefe Second Unit

This has Bennifer written all over it...can someone say TOMKAT???

19. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    We aren't the only ones who think this...

Free Katie

Does anyone remember the movie 'Love Potion #9'? [​IMG]

20. Scott-S

Scott-S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Scott
    She is now "looking into" Scientology [​IMG]