What's new

Diane Lane: Is she a household "STAR" yet? (1 Viewer)

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
When I saw this thread's title, I didn't know who she was. When I saw the list of movies she's been in, I still couldn't picture her face. I'm usually the person in my group of friends that can name actors and actresses that they can't think of. So the answer to your question is "No".

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Actually, Unfaithful had a lot of solid "buzz" surrounding it, and in the Hollywood circles who gauge such things - she's still a front-runner for a nomination.
Also, have you seen any movies? ;)

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Diane Lane? A household name?

I think she is getting a little long in the tooth to be a major star if she isn't by now.

She looked more like Mark Wahlberg's mother then girlfriend in Perfect Storm.

Is Melanie Griffith a household name?

DanHaya

Second Unit
Is Melanie Griffith a household name?
The only reasons anyone knows who Melanie Griffith is:
1. Her mother is Tippi Hedren,
2. She was married to Don Johnson...twice (her career was going nowhere before her guest appearance on Miami Vice),
3. Her performance in Working Girl, and
4. She's married to Antonio Banderas.
Any questions? :)

Trevor Bateman

Stunt Coordinator
I think her 'star' is well on the rise....
and so is my...... (hmmm):b
Diane Lane: Link Removed
Bio: Link Removed
Links: Link Removed

Trevor Bateman

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, Unfaithful had a lot of solid "buzz" surrounding it, and in the Hollywood circles who gauge such things - she's still a front-runner for a nomination.
I agree with Scott. There was alot of positive "buzz" about UNFAITHFUL and particularly DIANE LANE's performance. I too, thought that the scene on the train with the conflicting emotions pouring over her face was pretty amazing acting. Also the bit where she was shaking on the bed, and when she breaks-down later in the film. Very powerful.

All the sites that are "watching" the awards so far, do have her as a front runner (but it is only July).

Have a good weekend people. I'm gonna watch Diane in "Streets Of Fire" (a guilty pleasure of mine).

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
No, she's not a household name, unfortunately.
I think her Oscar chances are excellent. A nomination, at least, is highly probable.
Very important:
Any Diane Lane fan who hasn't yet seen The Cotton Club should go out and rent it TODAY! It is on DVD. She's wonderful in it, and she sings too. (Disregard any negative things you might have heard about it. It's a VERY GOOD movie!)
The only reasons anyone knows who Melanie Griffith is:
1. Her mother is Tippi Hedren,
2. She was married to Don Johnson...twice (her career was going nowhere before her guest appearance on Miami Vice),
3. Her performance in Working Girl, and
4. She's married to Antonio Banderas.
Add this one: people who were following Brian De Palma's career, and were very impressed by her in Body Double.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks