What's new

Dexter season 7 (1 Viewer)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Goodbye Isaak. You will be missed. The most interesting character this season. He and Dex would have made a great team. As for Hannah the most intriguing thing about her is finding out whether she owns a pair of shoes... or sandals even.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I was definitely hoping Hannah was dead when Deb walked into the apartment. Haven't bought into the Dexter/Hannah relationship all season.

TommyTV

Auditioning
Real Name
Tomas
No spoilers here. Just my theories about the end if S7 & S8.
The relationship with Hannah shows him growing emotionally. He is starting to feel genuine love, something that neither he nor Harry thought possible. It will ultimately lead to his redemption, and help him deal with his Dark Passenger. When Hannah dies, he will be overcome with rage and remorse, and the DP will take over, although in a different way to when his brother replaced Harry as his guide. He will become the epitome of murderous rage.
Around the time that Hannah dies, LaGuerta will piece everything together, and have enough evidence to prove Dexter is the Bay Harbour Butcher. To prove Doakes' innocence, she will re-examine the evidence of his death and find that a mistake was made, and the dental records do not match Doakes. He will be found alive, but disfigured by the explosion. He and LaGuerta will team up to take Dexter down.
With all the evidence to hand, the Miami PD will also hunt Dexter down. The Morgan's will both go on the run, with Dexter finding his humanity on the way.
Doakes and Dexter have a final showdown, where Doakes will finally kill Moby Dick... I mean, the now human Dexter, and he and LaGuerta will die in the process.
Debra gets promoted to Captain, and gets a swear jar for her office.

TommyTV

Auditioning
Real Name
Tomas
Doakes was my favourite character. I was upset when he died. I need to watch the last few episodes of S2 to see if the theory about him veing alive works. Did Dexter kill a Doakes-shaped bad guy before Doakes ? Seems funny how the blast decapitated him like that, really.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I guess Ray Stevenson Had other commitments , so they wrapped up his storyline way to quickly. Here we have this terminator type russian, who took out 5 guys in a bar, only to go running with his tail betwee his legs to Dexter when two russian baddies are coming after him. C'mon, bad way for a good character to go out, this seaon of Dexter has been one of the most unfocused and disjointed yet, with the Issac, Hannah, and now an Arsonist killer tacked onto the end of it.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Dave Scarpa /t/324123/dexter-season-7/30#post_4008139
I guess Ray Stevenson Had other commitments , so they wrapped up his storyline way to quickly. Here we have this terminator type russian, who took out 5 guys in a bar, only to go running with his tail betwee his legs to Dexter when two russian baddies are coming after him. C'mon, bad way for a good character to go out, this seaon of Dexter has been one of the most unfocused and disjointed yet, with the Issac, Hannah, and now an Arsonist killer tacked onto the end of it.

It was kind of odd that after all that some guy named George took him out. This season has been a disappointment but it can't get any worse than last season's debacle. I just really hope they end this soon. The only reason I'm even still watching is to see how it ends.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by RobertR /t/324123/dexter-season-7/30#post_4011803
So did Deb set up Hannah?

You mean with the stuff in the water? Not sure.. but I had that thought as well, to make sure Dexter took her out. Dexter got setup by Leguarda... she followed that guy knowing he'd kill him.. I have no idea how they solve this season now..

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
mattCR said:
You mean with the stuff in the water?  Not sure.. but I had that thought as well, to make sure Dexter took her out.  Dexter got setup by Leguarda... she followed that guy knowing he'd kill him.. I have no idea how they solve this season now..
Yes...pretty risky strategy on Deb's part, if so. I like how they're keeping us guessing. Won't Hannah talk a lot about what Dexter's told her? Geez...

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
The season finale is called "Surprise Motherfucker!"
Even the trailer for the season finale has Doakes saying that exact same line he said to Dexter earlier in the season.
Also giving the impression that he might be alive for this next episode.
Casting for the next episode does say Doakes is coming back, but it has got to be for some scenes that are meant to be season 1 or season 2.
It didn't occur to be that Dub could have drugged her own water setting up Hannah.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I miss Ray Stevenson.
The Dexter, Hannah, Deb triangle is not nearly as interesting.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Jeez, Showtime seemed to reveal way too much of the season finale in the previews for next week. I feel like I don't even need to watch it now. I just wish we'd seen the last of Hannah...unfortunately it doesn't seem to be.

As for Deb setting up Hannah...that would be pretty ridiculous for Deb to risk her life in a car accident like that just to turn Dexter.

NolanJ

Second Unit
I think that Deb did drug her own bottle.
Hannah never made mistakes - she's calculated and smart, she wouldn't leave anything to chance.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by NolanJ /t/324123/dexter-season-7/30#post_4013398
I think that Deb did drug her own bottle.
Hannah never made mistakes - she's calculated and smart, she wouldn't leave anything to chance.

Dexter never made mistakes before either...now all he does is make mistakes.

It would be really bad (even for this show) if Deb did that to herself, unless there's some crazy explanation as to why she would have been driving a car.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I thought it was a decent season finale.
I don't think they needed the Doakes flashbacks.
Overall, I liked the season but nothing too great.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by JohnS /t/324123/dexter-season-7/30#post_4014683
I don't think they needed the Doakes flashbacks.

Probably not, but it did make me miss Doakes more. He was one funny motherfucker.

Wouldn't those storage places have cameras everywhere?

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
S7 thoughts: Dexter/Isaak conflict best part of season. Deb had the best character arc of the season. Hannah started out strong but petered out.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Personally, I think it was better than last year, which literally didn't need to happen at all, but it was still something that was a chore to get through. I don't get a lot of the praise that I've been reading that the show was back to its glory. Most episodes I watched were pretty agonizing until the very end when they'd give me just enough of something tantalizing to make me want to see if they follow through on it the next week (which they pretty much never did).
And the appearances of Doakes, like Scott mentioned, only served to make the current show feel weaker. I'm glad they didn't do something crazy like he was secretly alive the whole time though.
I thought that having Hannah actually admit that she poisoned Deb was a mistake. The idea that Deb would have poisoned herself to get Dexter on her side would have been a perfect bridge to the shooting at the end. Without that, it was too much of a change too fast. I mean, it's one thing to cover up your brother's murdering other killers, but she jumped right from that to shooting a fellow officer (and a sort-of friend, in some seasons) who was only doing her job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks