What's new

Dexter season 7 (1 Viewer)

Paul D G

Screenwriter
No, I don't think so, but what mattCR supposes is entirely logical.

Anyway... it occurs to me... are they dropping the whole Deb crushing on Dexter? There's been no reference to it nor of her therapy sessions at all during the first two eps. I would think if they were going to continue that idea there would have been some mention or visual reference alluding to it.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Paul D G /t/324123/dexter-season-7#post_3987573
Anyway... it occurs to me... are they dropping the whole Deb crushing on Dexter? There's been no reference to it nor of her therapy sessions at all during the first two eps. I would think if they were going to continue that idea there would have been some mention or visual reference alluding to it.

I guess she fell out of love with him on account of him being, you know, a serial killer.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Paul D G said:
Anyway... it occurs to me... are they dropping the whole Deb crushing on Dexter? There's been no reference to it
Well, there was the look on Deb's face when Dexter mentioned "I hope you have a big shower." But yeah, I think they're dropping it.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Very good episode last night. Deb understands the "pros" of what Dexter does. Now he's been let out of his "cage". It was nice to see Louis disposed of.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by RobertR /t/324123/dexter-season-7#post_3988869
Very good episode last night. Deb understands the "pros" of what Dexter does. Now he's been let out of his "cage". It was nice to see Louis disposed of.

Yeah, except don't you get the feeling that the blood on Dexter's boat is going to come back at a later point?

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I don't think they abandoned the storyline about Deb's feelings for Dexter. In last night's episode especially, it seems as if it's wrapped up in the whirlwind of conflicted feelings she has about him. She has nobody to confide in about those feelings except the therapist. She can't talk to family or coworkers about it, so unless they wanted to have her go to the therapist again, and retread old ground, it seems more plausible that she is trying to resolve those feelings herself.
I forget how they explained where Dexter's money came from, but yes, he bought the neighboring condo when he sold the house he and Rita owned.
The storyline to me that felt contrived was the bracelet GPS pinpointed to the Slice of Life and that lab geek boy happened to be there. I also noticed the absence of Harrison. The rest of the episode overcame those flaws for me.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
mattCR said:
Yeah, except don't you get the feeling that the blood on Dexter's boat is going to come back at a later point? 
I take it as a given that Dexter will have trouble with and because of the Russian Mafia guy. :)

Paul D G

Screenwriter
**Front page spoiler space**

I can't believe they disposed of the video gamer/boyfriend/lab assistant that way! That's another storyline they apparently gave up on. Last season we were all wondering what he was up to with his serial killer video game, focus on Bay Harbor Butcher, sending the hand to Dexter... I know I, for one, thought he was figuring out who Dexter was. Then when LaGuerta found the slide I saw a circle starting to close around Dexter where too many people were putting things together. Then, suddenly, he gets killed off. Shame. I was looking forward to how that would all play out.

It's possible his body will be found later, and the blood on Dexter's boat will make Deb think he killed him and she'll go off on Dexter to explain how exactly he was a bad guy in need of killing, but it won't happen. We all thought when Dexter sloppily killed the guy in the bathroom at the start of Season 5, or the hotel worker IIRC, that it would lead to him being caught but nothing became of either of those.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Well, I'm enjoying this season.

I know people had issue with Deb putting Dexter's hobby together too quickly, but I didn't. It's her brother, they work closely together, she relied on him for profiling killers, etc. However, LaGuerta's assumptions that the BHB had something to do with the whole Jordan Chase thing came off as too forced and out of left field.

Does anyone recall any theories that the BHB was some sort of vigilante? We know they found all the victims, but I can't recall if they realized a lot of the victims were 'bad guys' themselves.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
They did - it was actually Lundy who put it together. That was the piece of info that led him to think the BHB was law enforcement. I think it makes sense, LaGuerta was never happy with Doakes being the scapegoat, and she held onto her suspicions.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
After last season's debacle, I actually had high hopes for this season, but I don't feel like they've delivered. It's been okay I guess, and I like the fact that they're not really wasting too much time on boring subplots, but it just seems like it could be so much better. And the whole "Do whatchya gotta do" scene this week was kind of laughable.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
It feels less like Dexter.. but i'm hopeful they can turn it around for the last half. If not - I will hedge my bets on next season. It's like crack, not like I can quit the whole show at this point. :)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I am OK with character growth, but Dexter bedding the ladies is getting so far fetched!
I mean, it was established by him in season 1 that he never really felt sexual. He dated Rita as a cover, to seem normal. How many women has he had now? And, like what was said above...do what you gotta do...oh boy!
I own seasons 1-4. The only reason i still watch is to see how it ends. I will never watch seasons 5-7, and i bet season 8, ever again. It has jumped the shark, more than once. But i still HAVE to know where it goes!
All IMO, of course.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I still enjoy the show, but I agree that Season 4 can't be topped. I don't really want to say it's been downhill since but it certainly hasn't been as good.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I dunno, it's sort of interesting to see Dexter led by his little head, rather than by his dark passenger, at least for now. Maybe it'll just be a diversion until his DP settles back in the driver seat. Though, Deb finally turned the corner on Dexter's "affliction" when it suited her emotions and sense of vengeance. Heh.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Chuck fans have to be enjoying some of the switch in roles here. Actually, I thought tonights episode was one of the better of the season. I'm just not sure how this can all straighten itself out without a bunch of dead cops at this point.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I've been enjoying Dexter and Hannah's moments though the kill table sex scene was unintentionally funny as hell and I didn't buy Dexter giving up a kill when he's that far into his ritual.
Deb asking Dexter to kill Hannah was also a total OOC moment the way it was played.
Despite those two glitches this has been a solid season though I feel it could have been a superlative one if they had just focused on Dexter clashing with Isaak - who is a fantastic character.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
The scene with Dexter and Sirko in the bar was great, but I have to question Dexter's intuitiveness to not have caught on to the fact that Victor was his lover prior to that. I remember thinking that was the case the first time we saw how bitter he was about Dexter killing him.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
Based on how they usually deal with the guest stars, I am guessing Hannah has to die at the end of the season, but I don't know how that will happen now. Maybe Deb will kill her.
As for the arsonist, I assume it is actually the arson investigator. It seems odd that this story line came out of no where with just a few episodes to go in the season, but at least they are not dragging out the Sirko story line just to fill space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks