What's new

Dexter - season 6 thread (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Wasn't there a woman that worked in evidence that knew a lot more about Dexter than most, including details about Dexter's brother?

Joe_H

Screenwriter
ScottH said:
Wasn't there a woman that worked in evidence that knew a lot more about Dexter than most, including details about Dexter's brother?
Dexter killed her a few years back; she had cancer and he gave her poisoned key lime pie.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Joe_H

Dexter killed her a few years back; she had cancer and he gave her poisoned key lime pie.

That's right. Maybe she said something to someone before she died.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Dexter just continues to be pretty careless. At least we knew it was heading for this confrontation for next season.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by ScottH

It seems they are certainly setting it up for Deb to find out about who Dexter really is sooner rather than later. I wouldn't be surprised if she faces the reality as soon as early next season.

Okay, have to admit that happened sooner than I even thought...

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Honestly, that was the only thing they could do to keep me interested in it next year. I hate the way they had to go about getting Deb into the church, that was just stupid. In fact, pretty much everything in the previous 59 minutes was pretty uninteresting.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
ScottH said:
I don't even remember, how/why did she end up at the church?
She was on her way to try to tell Dexter that she was in love with him in a manner so that he would really understand it. In my mind, this season was so bad that I'd rather have just had Deb walk in on Dexter and Lumen last year, rather than hiding behind the curtain. I mean seriously, there was literally just a minute of importance in the entire season, and they got to that minute by putting Dexter and Deb in nearly identical positions to how they were at the end of last season.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson

She was on her way to try to tell Dexter that she was in love with him in a manner so that he would really understand it.

In my mind, this season was so bad that I'd rather have just had Deb walk in on Dexter and Lumen last year, rather than hiding behind the curtain. I mean seriously, there was literally just a minute of importance in the entire season, and they got to that minute by putting Dexter and Deb in nearly identical positions to how they were at the end of last season.

But how did Deb know Dexter was at the church?

Can't say I disagree with you about this season. I had mild interest in the Brother Sam story, and absolutely no interest in the DDK case. If they do it right though, I think there is hope for a good final two seasons. I just hope they don't go the route of "Dexter/Deb, Brother/Sister serial killers" or even worse, "Dexter/Deb, Brother/Sister Lovers".

Joe_H

Screenwriter
ScottH said:
But how did Deb know Dexter was at the church?
Well, she told him to sweep the church for evidence, and he said he couldn't then, and he'd do it after Harrison's Noah's Ark thing.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson

Well, she told him to sweep the church for evidence, and he said he couldn't then, and he'd do it after Harrison's Noah's Ark thing.

Yeah I remember that now. Pretty sloppy on Dexter's part to do one of his "kills" where someone actually knew where he was.

It was pretty funny that after the conversation he had with Travis, his reaction to Deb seeing it was "Oh God."

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Finally saw the season finale of Dexter tonight, great final scene, unfortunately it should've happened in a better season, like last year. Too many divergent story lines, too many clumsy accidents from Dex, and a way too weak villain, with a twist anyone with a brain saw coming from about the 2nd episode. First show next year should be a doozy thou. And Deb.. very Icky.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Joe_H said:
She was on her way to try to tell Dexter that she was in love with him in a manner so that he would really understand it. In my mind, this season was so bad that I'd rather have just had Deb walk in on Dexter and Lumen last year, rather than hiding behind the curtain. I mean seriously, there was literally just a minute of importance in the entire season, and they got to that minute by putting Dexter and Deb in nearly identical positions to how they were at the end of last season.
That's exactly right, it would've been better had this happened last year, but I think that's the only reason for this incestuous Love angle, they had to give Deb a reason not to turn in her brother. Deb's been shown to be a blavk & White character when it comes to the law, it did'nt really matter who you were if you broke the law you were going down, and I think this would've even applied to Dexter. But know with her conflicted Love of Dexter, she'll have second thoughts. I Have'nt read the Novels, but in the Novels Deb found out and did'nt turn Dex in so I wonder how they handled it there.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
ScottH said:
Yeah I remember that now.  Pretty sloppy on Dexter's part to do one of his "kills" where someone actually knew where he was. It was pretty funny that after the conversation he had with Travis, his reaction to Deb seeing it was "Oh God."
Yeah that was clever, but the season was very bizzare , it was such a hodgepodge of story lines that went no where, the Quinn stuff, the stuff with the prostitute and Matthews, the Kooky Interns, Brother Sam. It was a mess

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Dave Scarpa said:
Finally saw the season finale of Dexter tonight, great final scene, unfortunately it should've happened in a better season, like last year. Too many divergent story lines, too many clumsy accidents from Dex, and a way too weak villain, with a twist anyone with a brain saw coming from about the 2nd episode. First show next year should be a doozy thou. And Deb.. very Icky.
I disagree - while certainly not its best season, I think this season was better than last. I thought it had a clearer focus and the storylines for the supporting cast were better. Now, I agree that overall the villian was weaker and I saw the twist concerning Gellar back in the first episode, but the season was still entertaining to me. If there was a disappointment is was Colin's character - I don't know if the problem was the writing, or if it's just a limitation of Colin Hanks, but this season could have been a lot more creepy, given the subject matter.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I am in the "worst season ever" camp. Perhaps worst is stronger than needed, but when you stack this season up against all others, IMHO, this season was really weak.

As to next season - wow - Does Deb bust Dexter or bone him? I'm not sure which story line I am ready to see.....

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I didn't care for last season or this season. Not sure which was worse, but I guess I'd have to say this one based on the fact that it never really got better. Last season ended okay.

Either way, I'll be back next year (and I just hope they don't do more than 2 more seasons)...

filthybass

Auditioning
Real Name
Jackson James
I didn't even know Dexter was still going on! I think I stopped after SEason 4 because I used to watch it before bed and I would get these horrible nightmares! A cool thing though, I was at a bar in LA and ran into Matsuka :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks