What's new

Dexter - season 6 thread (1 Viewer)

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Henry Gale
I was annoyed when he picked up a body part bag and threw it overboard. How could he do that?

So was I. But they sort of addressed it when the brother grabbed the pitchfork and stabbed the innkeeper and they panned to reveal Dexter holding it.

mylan is right, it'll be a long time before they come across that body. I'd like to assume Dexter took the pitchfork with him and ditched it somewhere.

Some of these murders (innkeeper, the guy in the boathouse at the start of season 5, etc) could be how Dexter gets caught in the end. Not necessarily that they're planning it out now, but he could be tied to these somehow.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Henry Gale
I was annoyed when he picked up a body part bag and threw it overboard. How could he do that?

Also annoyed me, as well as when he was eating the danish while in the passenger seat. Apparitions should not affect the physical world.

mylan

Screenwriter
mylan said:
Not really, she was blindfolded the entire time and indicated that "the other one" kicked or otherwise did something physical but she never mentioned that he spoke. I'm still thinking alter ego, Travis could have even spoke to Gellar as Dexter does Harry and that would give her the idea of two people. There are just too many small tells to indicate that he is not real. You have to admit it would be odd if a living Gellar really showed up at the sister's house and hovered outside until Travis just happened by the door to speak to him. Just like Dexter has had an imaginary "conscience" all these years, now so does his adversary. I could be wrong but I think that it is this years big reveal.
I hate to say I told you so.....:)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was braced for the Gellar reveal either way, but now feel "meh" about it, but now Dexter's got his hands full showing his current adversary quite more than he should have. But it makes you wonder how messed up Travis is to do that to his sister.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Props mylan. But yeah, I think the whole thing is pretty weak, as is the season. It seems like the writers were just trying to create some shocking twist and forgot to actually develop the story. And it seems most people already knew what the twist was anyway (either by guessing or word of mouth) so this season's basically been hinging on a huge blunder. Pretty sad when the best part of the episode was Angel and Quin going back to get Quin's gun.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Disagree on that. While I don't think it's their finest season, I'm still enjoying this. I've been arguing with my wife since the start of the season if Gellar was real since the beginning. She was convince he wasn't... I said "no, we've seen him interacting with physical stuff now and then." Then we saw Dexter's brother doing the same, and the wonderful pan revealing Dex with the pitchfork. Then I started to doubt myself. The last two episodes, I kept waiting for someone ELSE to see Gellar... but no one did. I found the reveal satisfying. Not a massive surprise... but satisfying. :) ..and yeah, how messed up must Travis be that he offed his own sister. Still love this show. :)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Okay, so is Travis multiple personality or not? They way they played it, it seems he just "imagined" Gellar was there, but didn't actually pretend to be him. Which goes against what the one witness said where she heard two different voices. And if he is indeed multiple personality, does one personality know the other exists? It seems he was all of a sudden "cured" once Dexter discovered his secret.

Maybe I'm being nitpicky, but I'm having a really hard time enjoying this season. Seems like it wasn't well thought out at all.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Count me on the side of being somewhat disappointed with this season. I still am glad to see all of the characters I know and love, but the central story line is so...disjointed. For me the sub plots are more interesting such as the dead hooker line and the oddly foreboding malevolence of Masuka's intern.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I dunno... I enjoy the world of Dexter and just let it happen without processing it too deeply. Dexter always seems to move slowly until the final couple of episodes when all the pieces are in place. That seems to be happening this season with the hooker killer, Batista being captured, and the intern who's on a trigger.

Re the intern: I'm not sure what to make of the reveal he has the Ice Truck Killer hand in his possession. Are they implying he's unbalanced? Has his own Dark Passenger who has yet to surface, or is keeping under control with his violent video games? Will his game somehow reveal to him that Dexter is the Bay Harbor Butcher?

I'm not sure about Travis. Dexter saw him talking to an imaginary Gellar outside the church, but while Travis was dealing with the couple he was much more sure and assertive. I can see how this might lead to the conclusion of having multiple personality disorder. But then again, he'd have to be like this to carry out all his killings.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
So it looks like Dexter will go another 2 seasons. Personally I think that's two seasons too long, but at least they'll have plenty of time to wrap it up.

Warning: There is a mild spoiler about the current season in the linked article (very mild).

http://goo.gl/Xx2B8

Originally Posted by Paul D G

Re the intern: I'm not sure what to make of the reveal he has the Ice Truck Killer hand in his possession. Are they implying he's unbalanced? Has his own Dark Passenger who has yet to surface, or is keeping under control with his violent video games? Will his game somehow reveal to him that Dexter is the Bay Harbor Butcher?

That's an interesting idea, particularly with what was said about the current season in the above referenced article.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
WTF was up with that incestual suggestion from the doc? That was just creepy and bizarre. Both of Deb's parents are dead and Dexter is her only relative (not to mention they work together so he understands her work-rants), of course she was going to be close to him. When you juxta pose it with the fact the two actors were recently married (and divorced) it just seems ridiculous.

I'm assuming the gamer knows who Dexter is by sending the hand, but I'm not sure what was up with the palm reading lines. ITK painted the fingernails, IIRC.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It might be psychological incest, but Deb and Dexter aren't biologically related, as Harry adopted Dexter as a young boy.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
still - it would be very weird for Dexter, Deb, their friends, their co-workers and pretty much everyone who has watched this show since the beginning if D&D were to start getting busy...

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
My wife thinks Fonzi is already in the air at this point. And if they go there with Dexter and Deb the show will have completely jumped. I tend to agree with her.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
ChristopherG said:
still - it would be very weird for Dexter, Deb, their friends, their co-workers and pretty much everyone who has watched this show since the beginning if D&D were to start getting busy...
Not to mention the divorced actors... :D

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
So could the Masuka intern guy be the Ice Truck Killer's son? It certainly seems he knows something. But I don't remember how much the Ice Truck Killer knew about Dexter.

It seems they are certainly setting it up for Deb to find out about who Dexter really is sooner rather than later. I wouldn't be surprised if she faces the reality as soon as early next season.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by ScottH

But I don't remember how much the Ice Truck Killer knew about Dexter.

ITK knew exactly what Dexter was. They were brothers whose Dark Passengers were born out of the same incident and he tried to get Dexter to partner with him. But I don't think the intern is his son. It might be that he's a serial killer 'fan'. In his research he would have found out about the ITK's death, his relationship with Deborah, and probably figured out Dexter's involvement in his 'suicide.' It may be why he went for the internship and, as I theorized earlier, working on his game may have led him to come to the realization that Dexter is the Bay Harbor Butcher.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Originally Posted by ScottH

So could the Masuka intern guy be the Ice Truck Killer's son?

Not possible: ITK was only a few years older than Dexter, while the intern is at least in his late 20s, if not early 30s, and is therefore too old. The intern is not your usual college student (who would in any case also be too old to be son of ITK), but is an already successful video game creator doing research for his serial killer game, although I do note that a successful video game designer could indeed be only in his/her early or mid 20s.

La Guerta is a real piece of work. For one moment I had hoped that the Wormwood suicide killer would take her out instead of Deb, since they were both sitting in Deb's office and if Deb had been called away, the woman could have approached the office and triggered off the device. Oh well. Betraying Mathews just shows that La Guerta will do anything to get ahead. Ironically in earlier seasons she came across as a far more sympathetic character, 'playing the game' solely to stay afloat, but now it's clear she's one of the sharks.

Speaking of which, our hero is now swimming with them (sort of). How will he explain why he was targeted by Marshall? Although I suppose as one of the forensic investigators, and the blood expert at that, he could easily claim that crazy Marshall fixated on him as the enemy trying to stop Marshall's plan (sorry, bad pun but couldn't resist...) from succeeding.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Yee-Ming

Not possible: ITK was only a few years older than Dexter, while the intern is at least in his late 20s, if not early 30s, and is therefore too old. The intern is not your usual college student (who would in any case also be too old to be son of ITK), but is an already successful video game creator doing research for his serial killer game, although I do note that a successful video game designer could indeed be only in his/her early or mid 20s.

How do you know the intern is that old? Assuming Ice Truck Killer was early 40's, the intern being early 20's is very plausible, especially in TV years where they tend to bend the rules.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
^^^ Of course I found a Dexter wiki... According to that, Dexter is 40 as of 2011, and his brother Brian (aka ITK) would be 43. Louis, the intern, would have to be 25 to be realistically considered Brian's son (he would have been 18). But according to S1 Brian was institutionalized until he was 21. Sure, the writers would say he banged a nurse while incarcerated but that's quite a stretch. So, no, it's unlikely he's Dexter's nephew

The wiki reminded me of how infatuated with Dexter Louis was from the very beginning. It's clear he knows something about Dexter, but exactly what will have to wait until Sunday...

Source: http://dexter.wikia.com/wiki/Home

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks