What's new

Dexter - season 6 thread (1 Viewer)

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Eh, I'm not really sure about this season, the theme of it (religion, mostly) seems to lack subtlety compared to previous years, but the scene at the end from the time they found the girl in the greenhouse on was legitimately the most creepy scene that I think I've ever seen on this show (in a good way, of course :D ).

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
There's speculation about whether the Olmos character is real, or just in CH's imagination.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by RobertR

There's speculation about whether the Olmos character is real, or just in CH's imagination.

I think I saw this in the preview for next week, so I'll spoilerize...

They showed a newspaper headline with Olmos' picture and the headline 'Doomsday Killer'.

But I suppose it's possible that the character was once real and is no longer alive except in Collin Hanks' imagination.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
The latest episode casts doubt on the "Gellar is a ghost" idea. Why would a ghost use a cell phone? Or bleed?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
What's funny is I thought the idea that Gellar wasn't real was absurd, but now after watching this episode I'm actually thinking it might be true. Like perhaps the Colin Hanks character killed him a while ago but he lives on in his mind. I mean, with them being out in public like that, and then pushing his foot on the gas pedal. The cell phone thing would be a cheat though - not that he used one, but that they showed him apart from Travis.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
Maybe he left himself a voicemail. In one view there was blood running down his head, in the next it was gone. My guess is that the real Gellar did like to "shake things up" and "make people think" but Travis took it too seriously and was enraged when Gellar tried to throttle him back and killed him and is trying to continue Gellar's "teachings".

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I have no dog in this fight but in a hallucination wouldn't it be possible for the hallucinator to visualize the hallucinatee on the phone?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Kudos to casting Molly Parker as Colin Hanks' character's sister, they sort of do look related. Loved Quinn getting clocked. Loving the manifestation of Dexter's dark passenger now.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I thought the Hanks/Olmos story was gaining a bit of steam, but it seems to be right back to the drivel it started out as. What a pointless drag to the season.

Enjoyed the Brother Sam stuff, but it appears that's coming to a close.

Kind of ridiculous that Nick would just assume they had nothing on him linking him to the murder. That scene was laughable.

Oh well, at least according to the previews...

"Trinity" makes a comeback. Or at least seemingly his son.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
To be honest, the end of this episode where Dexter decides he can't change is the only thing so far about this season that has really shown me much promise. I really hope something drastically changes in the next few weeks, because this is by far the most disappointing season of Dexter yet.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The professor is now firmly amongst the living. The killing in Nebraska is the kind of thing that just seems super sloppy. You'd think that'd trace back to him easy

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Was it just me or did anyone else find Dexter's brother incredibly annoying in this episode? I was starting to wonder if James Remar's contract ran out and that was his replacement. Was relieved when he dumped him and picked up his dad at the end.

Originally Posted by mattCR

The killing in Nebraska is the kind of thing that just seems super sloppy. You'd think that'd trace back to him easy

Yeah. Didn't he do the same thing last season where he killed some trucker guy? I'm guessing this will be just like that and we'll never hear about it again.

mylan

Screenwriter
mattCR said:
The professor is now firmly amongst the living.   The killing in Nebraska is the kind of thing that just seems super sloppy.   You'd think that'd trace back to him easy
Still not sure about Gellar but I think Dexter covered his tracks pretty good. He takes a rental car instead of flying so there is no record of his destination and the motel sign clearly states that cash is welcome and we are to assume thats the way he paid, and he never disclosed where he was going, not even to Deb. By the time the body is discovered it will be written off as an accident and the body will not be in any shape to indicate a stabbing.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by mylan

Still not sure about Gellar

What is there to not be sure about? The victim clearly stated there were two people in the room.

mylan

Screenwriter
ScottH said:
What is there to not be sure about?  The victim clearly stated there were two people in the room.
Not really, she was blindfolded the entire time and indicated that "the other one" kicked or otherwise did something physical but she never mentioned that he spoke. I'm still thinking alter ego, Travis could have even spoke to Gellar as Dexter does Harry and that would give her the idea of two people. There are just too many small tells to indicate that he is not real. You have to admit it would be odd if a living Gellar really showed up at the sister's house and hovered outside until Travis just happened by the door to speak to him. Just like Dexter has had an imaginary "conscience" all these years, now so does his adversary. I could be wrong but I think that it is this years big reveal.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
mylan said:
Not really, she was blindfolded the entire time and indicated that "the other one" kicked or otherwise did something physical but she never mentioned that he spoke. I'm still thinking alter ego, Travis could have even spoke to Gellar as Dexter does Harry and that would give her the idea of two people.
I noticed that too. There was no actual viewing of two people.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by RobertR

I noticed that too. There was no actual viewing of two people.

I just watched that scene again and I have to say that would be really weak if he's not real now. Even if Travis has some schizo thing going where he's changing his voice to be the professor, I can't imagine she wouldn't be able to tell, even if she was blindfolded. That would actually be comical if that's the case now.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Originally Posted by ScottH

Was it just me or did anyone else find Dexter's brother incredibly annoying in this episode?

I was annoyed when he picked up a body part bag and threw it overboard. How could he do that?

The Grant Wood joke however, was great fun.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by ScottH

Was it just me or did anyone else find Dexter's brother incredibly annoying in this episode? [..] Was relieved when he dumped him and picked up his dad at the end.

The brother dampened my enjoyment of the whole episode. Like you, I was quite relieved when Dexter left him behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks