What's new

Dexter Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Agreed Mark, Deb's breakdown was well done.

The reveal about Trinity was unexpected in a way but in light of the season's themes makes perfect sense. Can't wait for the two of them to square off and compare notes.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I guess it was good for both Dexter and Trinity that Trinity removed the DVD-R from the surveillance system so Dexter's presence at the building would not be recorded once the coffee guy's body is found on the 4th floor.

Dexter hunting his own "doppelganger" of sorts puts a neat spin on things.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I know this is out there, but I'm thinking Antone is actually the one that killed Lundy and shot Deb. Just sort of a vibe I got, and how they kept stressing that Trinity is very structured and doesn't deviate from the pattern. That, and how quickly Dexter came to the conclusion that Trinity is the one that did it. All seemed too neat to me. My money's on Antone.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
I know this is out there, but I'm thinking Antone is actually the one that killed Lundy and shot Deb. Just sort of a vibe I got

Yeah, me too. Sort of a darker form of Stockholm Syndrome. Maybe he can be the Big Bad of next season?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Plus, Antoine has been stabbed and a victim before. But I'm not sure it was trinity who did the shooting.

Dexter should have tons of photos of crime scenes at his apartment. He could just say "i need a place to study this stuff, and I don't want our kids to see all this blood & gore all the time.. this is like my study" :)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
No wonder Showtime loves this show:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/10/27/dexter-slashes-its-way-to-a-series-high-1-7-million-viewers/31712
Dexter pulls in most viewers to Showtime ever. Deserves it.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by MarkMel

Nah, I don't think the writers are going to give Deb a killer boyfriend again.
But Deb sure knows how to pick 'em, doesn't she? Even she admits that. And techincally, Antone wasn't a killer when they first started dating (at least as far as we know). Maybe Antone is really the vacation killer and they got the wrong guy... ;)

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I am quite sure Trinity wasn't the one who shot Lundy and Deb, otherwise why not show it? They've shown all of his other recent killings.

I think it will be a surprise and Antone is as good a guess as any.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Right the reporter, don't know if it's her but not sure if we mentioned how hot she is. ;)

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I thought about the reporter but I don't know why she'd target Lundy or Deb. If she picked them at random, that's an awfully big coincidence.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by mattCR

Dexter should have tons of photos of crime scenes at his apartment. He could just say "i need a place to study this stuff, and I don't want our kids to see all this blood & gore all the time.. this is like my study" :)
Or he could simply say that he's new to marriage, new to having kids and he's been on his own for so long that he hasn't completely gotten it out of his system.

I am thoroughly enjoying this season so far!

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Does it really matter what he says by way of explanation?

Rita didn't focus on him having the apartment as much as she did the lying about it. No matter what excuse he gives, he'll still have lied to her. And that's her point. At least at this point. I have the feeling if he hadn't lied about it, she'd still have been all over him for keeping it. You know. Because of the cosmic significance of what it says about their love.

Rita's getting dangerously close to harpy territory in that she's always on him and threatening him whenever he does the slightest thing she doesn't like. I get why she's upset, but jeez. The man just almost lost his sister. Can you go knit a quilt or something for a bit? "When will be the right time?" Really? How about, "When we've either caught the attempted murderer or exhausted our hot leads." But no, I can see the urgency of the discussion.After all, if you'll lie about getting rid of your apartment, before you know it you're bedding crack whores in the house and letting crystal meth addices babysit the kids. Gotta nip this stuff in the bud.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Rita's been a pestering annoying PITA since last season (and possibly even before that). Definitely my least favorite character on the show. She's dangerously close to Corrine Mackey territory.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
She may be annoying, but she is a very important part of the show. Without Rita, Dexter would have no complications, nobody to hide his secret from. Without the kids, Dexter would have only his sister to protect. Both of those themes repeatedly come up and are important. You may not like what the character says or does, but the role is an important part of every plot. If they got rid of her, they'd just have to find another character to fill that hole.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Charlie Campisi

She may be annoying, but she is a very important part of the show. Without Rita, Dexter would have no complications, nobody to hide his secret from. Without the kids, Dexter would have only his sister to protect. Both of those themes repeatedly come up and are important. You may not like what the character says or does, but the role is an important part of every plot. If they got rid of her, they'd just have to find another character to fill that hole.
Not necessarily. I think if they killed her off it could make for some very interesting character development for Dexter. He'd be a single father with 3 kids to take care of...not to mention the burden of a wife that was murdered by a serial killer (say if Trinity killed her or something).

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Trinity wouldn't kill her, she had three kids. Doesn't fit into his M.O. Although it is a possibility if she gets hit by Dexter's shrapnel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks