What's new

Desperate Housewives - season 8 thread (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Wow, 8 months past and no one posted. I knew the show wasn't as well regarded the last few seasons!
It's over now. I stuck with it. I thought the finale was well done and wrapped up the main characters lives. Cool to see Dana Delany come back. Glad Tom got back with Lynette. And Gabby and Carlos went on with their successful marriage. Nice that Bree got together with her lawyer, Captain Archer. And Susan moved on too to what awaits her.
It was also fitting to see the dead characters come back too in a final drive by of the lane.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Nelson Au said:
Wow, 8 months past and no one posted. I knew the show wasn't as well regarded the last few seasons!
It's over now. I stuck with it. I thought the finale was well done and wrapped up the main characters lives. Cool to see Dana Delany come back. Glad Tom got back with Lynette. And Gabby and Carlos went on with their successful marriage. Nice that Bree got together with her lawyer, Captain Archer. And Susan moved on too to what awaits her.
It was also fitting to see the dead characters come back too in a final drive by of the lane.
Liked your summation of the final episode. I haven't watched it yet so once again you completely spoiled things. (and again I'm kidding), With shows like this it doesn't really matter if you know the ending, it's still fun to watch.
Had a feeling Bree and Captain Archer would get together (speaking of Scott Bakula, does the guy ever age? I hope my genes follow the same path).
Tom and Lynette were always going to get back together (at least in my happily ever after mind),
Looking forward to seeing the dead characters show up. Does the original death, Mary Alice show up, or is she strictly more voiceover? I missed a few episodes but remember Karen McCluskey getting cancer. Haven't noticed her the past few weeks. Did she die? And does she come back during the final drive by you mentioned?
They brought Bree's gay son back a few episodes ago who of course magically turned straight.
Is he in the finale?
I'm going to miss the show, but it's always good to go out when things are good, rather than go for another season which probably wouldn't have turned out well.
There's another post about CSI and cast changes. That kind of show could go on for many more years, but something like Desperate Housewives is built around the characters. We've grown to love and hate them through the years, but it's not the type of show where they could just bring in new actors for the major roles.
Truly do enjoy your posts and please don't take it seriously when I make silly comments about the spoiler info you give out. If I'm really into a show, I don't read anything until I've seen it. Desperate Housewives was fun fluff, what you wrote didn't bother me at all. In fact I'm actually looking forward to it, wanting to see what you described.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
No worries Stan I think the underlying rule on the HTF is that once a show airs, it's fair game to discuss. If you look, then you either have seen it, or don't mind being spoiled.
Since you haven't seen the finale yet, I'll let you discover the fun. :). Karen does play a central role in the plot. Not everyone was in the finale, such as Bree's son. Or her daughter. I hope enjoy watching it.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Nelson, thanks for not letting me in on Karen's role, it was quite a major point in the finale. Glad I didn't bump into something about it elsewhere, as you said, once a show has aired, it's free game to coment on it.
Overall think it finished up well, nice wrap up to the major stories.Saw Mrs. Huber obviously, but missed her sister, played by Harriet Sansom Harris? who has been wonderful in everything I've seen her in. A reunion show in a few years might be nice, but unless Marc Cherry does it, it will probably get screwed up.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The biggest missing dead person was Edie. I guess the beef between Cherry and Sheridan continues.

The finale, like the past four or five seasons, was full of idiot plots. The plotting has been shitastic for ages now. My wife and I watched it regularly with my friend and his wife for the past four seasons, and we all heckled and openly made fun of the show the whole time.

The end of an error.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Hanson /t/315063/desperate-housewives-season-8-thread#post_3926707
The biggest missing dead person was Edie. I guess the beef between Cherry and Sheridan continues.

The finale, like the past four or five seasons, was full of idiot plots. The plotting has been shitastic for ages now. My wife and I watched it regularly with my friend and his wife for the past four seasons, and we all heckled and openly made fun of the show the whole time.

The end of an error.

There is still a lawsuit going on.. so I'd say there is still beef.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Glad you got caught up Stan. I thought it was a satisfying end. I'm not sure about a reunion show. Probably just as well to leave it.
Hansen, I know the show has been mediocre for the most part! :) I guess I enjoyed watching it partly out of habit and to see where they end up going. I never put much thought into the show. Most of the stuff they had the women doing was so silly anyway. It's just harmless mindless junk food.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
mattCR said:
There is still a lawsuit going on.. so I'd say there is still beef.
Thought the shot of Kathryn starting at her legs and moving up was going to be Edie, obviously not. Never knew about a lawsuit, to much of a fluff show to get even more inolved with the behind the scenes stuff.
As mentioned, filled with idiot plots (could they possibly have ended up any wealthier?), but silly fluff to fill the time.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Looks like the character Mrs. McCluskey played a bigger part in the finale than expected.
Her character was going to die soon, so she used that fact to save Bree.
Well the real actress, Kathryn Joosten just died of lung cancer. Not sure how long she was able to stay healthy, but she held on and filmed a wonderful finale, wrapping up lots of little loose ends in the story line. Nice, dignified way to leave a series. She will be missed, feisty and mouthy in her own style, but fun to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks