What's new

Desperate Housewives season 3 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The best line of the season so far belonged to Lynette:

"I'm a bitch. With a capital C"

:laugh:

I had heard that Eva Longoria had asked the producers to cool it with the semi-nude scenes. I guess that request fell on deaf ears. :P

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Pretty strong episode. Felicity Huffman needs to mail this episode into the Emmys for her Best Actress award consideration (unfortunately, DH is classified as a comedy. Haha).

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
the last few minutes were very tense for this series =). i aaaalmost hoped lynette got killed.

i mean, didn't she want to start pursuing film acting career now? ah well.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I don't know. Something about what happened struck me as wrong. And I found this episode to be one of the most disturbing I have ever seen on t.v. Not the goriest, not the most violent...but something just a little more off. I didn't like the violence of it. But I will say this. Marc Cherry has my attention again!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It was mainly Laurie Metcalf's character's utter lack in humanity after learning her husband had an affiar. She totally turned into a psychopathic killer with no remorse once her now black-white value system deemed some humans killable for certain "roles" they might have played in wrecking/straining marriages.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
The catalyst I thought that set her off was her husband not answering her direct question about if he would still be with her and all he said was "she's dead". Great episode, I have to admit I didn't expect that outcome and if it were upto me, Brea certainly deserved one of those bullets.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The actor playing the character who threw the can that conked her on the noggin was Laurie Metcalf's real life husband, Matt Roth. Years ago, when he guested on "Roseanne" he played her boyfriend who beat her. I guess they like to work out their aggressions through drama. :)

Regards,

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That's pretty funny. Will he be staying on the show now that his characters lives in Mary Alice's former home?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yay, this show is finally back on track with many threads coming and going at a good pace.

Marcia Cross is now holding all sort of objects in front of her belly to hide her real-life pregnancy. I wonder how they'll write around it. So what could Orson's mom have on Orson?

Art is a swim coach, but it was mucho creepy for him to have a wall of boy swimmers on his wall (the patented short-hand for psycho in TV/Film writing). Can't see Art lasting in the neighborhood too long once word gets out (or maybe it'll turn out to be some misunderstanding).

Did laugh at Susan's plan to have Julie's dad read her the riot act blow up in Susan's face.

Gabby must have been such a diva in her early 20's.

Lynette's look of horror at the end was a "real" feeling shot of dread and fear. Nothing's ever easy on Wisteria Lane.

Nick

Second Unit
I'm still watching season 2 on DVD. So when season three came on I decided to skip it completely until last night, I just happen to turn on the TV and the show was on so I said one episode is not gonna screw up the whole season.
Ok. Who is the lady that plays Bree's mother in law. OMG she looks just like Joan Crawford. The way she talks the way she acts. If they decided to make Mommy Dearest 2 she would be perfect for the role.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I'm really digging this season. Bagging that whole Applewhite story has done wonders.

I'm sure the neighborhood closet child molester would leave his front door unlocked and open like that...

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member

I also noticed that when Lynette went through the open door, the front door was missing the whole deadbolt lock mechanisim, it left a hole in the door!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks