What's new

Designing Women (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Those 30s and 40s standards are still under copyright. I also recall them using:

It's My Party
Somewhere Out There
Gone With the Wind theme

The Indian-giving publishing company which owns the rights to "Love and Marriage", the Married with Children therme, allowed them to use it for the "Most Outrageous Episodes," and Seasons 1 and 2 before they jacked up the price.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Good point! Here's hoping that Sony owns the rights to this version of the song (which I believe they had recorded especially for the TV series).

Claude North

Second Unit
Also, I just caught (on Lifetime) an episode about a trip to Graceland in which "Are You Lonesome Tonight?" was featured, as well as an a cappella version of "Heartbreak Hotel" with different lyrics. I suspect that the Elvis songs could be difficult to license.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Season 5 has just been announced for December 6! http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Designing-Women-Season-5/15915

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
God Bless Shout Factory! And it's a retail release too! I was thinking perhaps S6 and 7 would be Shout Select titles, but thankfully not. This is one of my most-anticipated releases of the year. I love this season.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Season 6 Coming April 3rd!

I felt as you did, I thought we'd be waiting a year begging for Season 6 and it would end up a Select title, but I don't want to jinx the release, but I feel like we could have the FINAL season by the end of the year!

Originally Posted by Kasey

God Bless Shout Factory! And it's a retail release too! I was thinking perhaps S6 and 7 would be Shout Select titles, but thankfully not. This is one of my most-anticipated releases of the year. I love this season.
/t/216690/designing-women#post_3886016

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks