Designing Women Question

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by bretmaverick2, Jul 25, 2011.

1. bretmaverick2

bretmaverick2 Supporting Actor

Tom Hunter
    Now that season 5 is being released, I have a follow up question: I swear I remember reading a while back that the only spinoff of this series "Woman of the House" or some similar title, was being released earlier this year. Yet I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have any further information on this?? DW is one of my wife's favorite shows and I thought I would pick up the spinoff as something for her to watch. Thanks for any information.

2. Kasey

Kasey Second Unit

Kasey
    Mill Creek was indeed supposed to release Women of the House earlier this year, and there was even a pre-order for it at Amazon.ca but a few months ago, it was announced they had to scrap plans. I am not sure but music licensing may have been an issue. Delta Burke lip-synched to a Dreamgirls song in the pilot. So for now, it's a no-go. I am just glad DW has not yet been stalled. I'm even eagerly awaiting S6 and S7 too.

3. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    I was thinking about that, too. I haven't seen anything owned by Sony come from Mill Creek at all. Perhaps Shout! wants it for itself when this show is done?