What's new

Design suggestions for my simple HT (1 Viewer)

ethan_l

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking to get at least a 50" 2nd gen SXRD, LED, or DLP set to complete my small home theatre in my new townhouse. I don't even have any furniture yet but I'm planning my furniture around the home theatre setup. this is what I have so far
with the limited living room space I have. everything is drawn to scale
the design done using the tool provided on this site, check it out it's pretty sweet
http://www.corning.com/lcdtv/hdlifes...&pageNumber=9#

thanks in advance

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Cool. Compact and intimate. You mention "at least" 50" for monitor size. With a 7' viewing distance AND 1080p resolution you may be able to comfortably accommodate larger for greater impact. At least if your budget allows.

It also seems that you will have some space behind the set. You might consider placing a 6500K backlight behind the monitor. Helps contrast and eases eye strain. Search for "backlight" in the displays area and you'll find a number of discussions.

Don.l

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
I can't comment on to much except that the fact you are designing your entire decoration scheme around your home theater is awesome. THAT is THE way to do it!

Don

ethan_l

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the suggestions guys especially the backlight, definately will keep that in mind, so Jay you're saying that with my rough 7' viewing distance I can go with an even bigger set? btw how's my speaker placement? should that sub by where it is, and it should be facing the wall correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks