What's new

Describe your favourite sandwich! (1 Viewer)

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
There's a local bar/restaurant (Shallo's in Greenwood, IN for anyone around here) that makes the best chicken sandwich. Starting with a grilled chicken breast, topped with sauteed mushrooms and onions (just shy of carmelization), monterrey jack cheese barely melted, 2 strips of thick hickory bacon. Then 2 slices of tomato, shredded lettuce, bermuda onion, and 2 garlic pickle strips with just the right amount of honey mustard to finish it off. All on a cornmeal dusted kaiser roll. Accompanied with their homemade potato chips and a pint or bottle from their extensive (200+) beer selections.... it doesn't get any better.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Take a Hogie roll, put two slices of american cheese on it, toss in one Bread & Butter sandwich stacker pickle, and douse that fucker 'Bullseye' Hickory Smoke BRBQ Sauce
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Take two wheat bread and lightly butter the outside. Then take one slice of bread and spread some honey on the inside. Top that bread with a slice of roast beef, ham, chicken, and turkey. Season some lettuce and two slices of tomato with oil, pepper and salt. Add the tomatoes then the lettuce. Then add a layer of tuna (mixed with relish, mayo, onions). Take the other slice of bread and spread some mustard on the inside. Put that bread on top. Pop it into the oven until lightly toasted. Eat with some chips.

~T

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
(sincere apologies to those who don't eat pork)

Tomato Chutney & Pork Pita Sandwich.

Really quite good.

Or the sandwich equivalent of a Thai Wrap that eases up on the cilantro a bit... that's really good too.

Joseph

Randy_Sh

Stunt Coordinator
Err...I'll pass on the twins commments...being born and raised in Pittsburgh, I will have to chime in with the Primanti Brother's sandwich...tons of options but two constants...
Huge sandwich on Italian bread with...cole slaw and french fries are the constants...I like the roast beef or cappico(SP?)
Have to stop and get one anytime I am back in the Burgh..oh...I will be there this weekend!
:)

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Once a week its 1lb of steaming hot Pastrami on a seeded roll. 5 slices of melted swiss cheese & a pile of Boars Head deli style mustard. :) :) :) Wash that sucker down with a 1 liter of Diet Pepsi & I'm in heaven.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Randy,

I spent 18 months in Morgantown, WV while my wife got her doctorate at WVU and I have tried the P. Brothers signature snadwich. What the hell is that meat in the cheese steak thing? It's not steak and it's not hamburger? I loved it though. The fries on wax paper is a thing of beauty, and you top it off with a Guinness can.

Man I'm hungry now!

Ralph

Ray R

Stunt Coordinator
A perfectly cooked and constructed egg sandwich

Fry two eggs over easy in a little olive oil, but break the yoke just before you flip it. Eggs are done when the yoke is about 60-70% hard. This goes on just barely toasted white bread with mayo on both slices (not too much mayo or the eggs will slide out). Top the egg with pepper and ketchup.

The ketchup, mayo and egg yoke goo is so yummy.

Tom Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
From Natoli's in Secaucus, New Jersey: Ham and mozzarella with roasted peppers, olive oil and balsamic vinegar on a Portugese roll.

Anthony_J

Stunt Coordinator
For breakfast:

Thin sliced pork roll, fried eggs, and american cheese on a kaiser roll with lot's of ketchup.

For lunch:

Reuben, extra french dressing and lot's of ketchup for dipping.

For dinner:

Any kind of beef and cheese (esp. cheez whiz) on a roll (cheesesteak, hamburger, etc.). Lots of ketchup to hold everything together and more on the side for dipping.

See a common thread?

Anytime sandwiches:

In November/December only - Real Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes on white with a side of cranberry sauce. Served hot and swimming in gravy (no ketchup allowed).

Rest of year - Grilled turkey & cheese w/tomato on sourdough. Ketchup optional.

I'll also give a shout out to the Buffalo chicken sandwhich at Bennigans.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Our version is loaded with tasty ribeye, cheese, green peppers and onions on a great crusty hardroll.
EEEK! A real Philly cheesesteak is shaved beef on a soft Italian roll. The roll is THE most important ingredient, preferably Amoroso's.
Pamela, I believe there is a place in LA that imports their rolls from Amoroso daily, it's called the "Philly Sports Bar" or something and run by a transplant from here in Havertown.
Worse comes to worse I'll try to remember to email you next time I come to LA and if you want to meet me at the airport I'll bring you a care package :)
Or if you've got the cash and are really jonesin
http://www.phillypretzels.com/phillyhome.html

MichaelG

Second Unit
The best sandwich I ever had was in Florence, Italy. Unfortunately I don't know what was in the dang thing. There was meat in it though, and it wans't on Wonder bread or any typical loaf bread. I am not a big sandwich eater, but I just remember that I ate more sandwiches while I was there than I had the previous two months.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Jiff peanut butter and Smuckers grape jam on whole wheat bread with a tall, cold glass of milk. Heaven...

Marianne

Supporting Actor
Wheat bread with Dijon mustard on one slice then a slice of good ham, then some real turkey, then cranberry sauce & stuffing, then the other slice of bread .... (and spam). ;)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Lean, thinly sliced roast beef, avocado, lettuce, and tomato, piled high oh a small french bread loaf, with a nice crust and soft chewy center, washed down with a root beer. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks