What's new

Denon vs. Marantz (1 Viewer)

Jason Caudill

Stunt Coordinator
Today I went looking for a new reciever and dvd player (for a friend, unfortunatly not for myself). We had every intention fo going with a Denon AVR-2802 and DV-2800. The salesman said they have had several problems with the Denon dvd players lately and showed us the Marantz instead. Th ecombo he suggested were the SR7200 and the DV6200. Has anyone else heard about these Denon problems? Is the Marantz a good setup? What about a Pioneer Elite with the DV-37 dvd player and a reciver in the $800 range? Thanks!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Both Denon and Marantz have good sound and plenty of power, as well as similar features. I personally chose Marantz over Denon because I prefer the way music sounds, but for HT, I'd give Denon a slight edge. I have an SR6200 and an SR4000, and I do have the audio drop out issue with the 6200 which is not a "bug" exactly, but a designed in function (and is not specific to Marantz). I have heard complaints about both Denon and Marantz, but I am very happy with both of my Marantz receivers.

I'd say listen to both, preferably with equipment similar to yours, and decide for yourself. I think you can't go wrong with either.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
There's no reason to buy the DVD player from the same company as the receiver...Buy each component based on what you need not because its a "XXX" brand

Aron

Grip
Let me tell you....1st I started off with a Marantz SR5200 with Energy Encore System, then thought that it wasn't good enough...then return the Marantz to go for a Yamaha ??-V2200 which was 2x it's price...for movies the Yamaha was great but for 2 channel stereo...music... IMO it really sucks compare with the Marantz...So I went back to get a Marantz SR7200, and has been happy so far..even tho it has the popping problem between tracks.

P.S. I would've bought the Marantz SR7200 even if it was the same price as the Yamaha V2200...not to mention it cost more than $200 less.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks