What's new

Denon Owners - Help With FM/AM Antenna (1 Viewer)

Rob Higgins

Agent
Well apparently...my cat liked the taste of both the FM and AM antennas on my Denon 3801 and decided they would make a good late night snack.

My dilemma is that the FM antenna connection seems kind of specific to Denon receivers (little plastic tube on the end of the antenna plugs into a hole on the receiver). Seems like only the supplied antenna would work?

Short of just buying a replacement antenna from Denon...do any of you know of another way to hook up the FM antenna to the receiver? I would actually like to buy a better antenna...but not sure how I could hook it up.

Any suggestions on other brands of FM and AM antennas I could use that would work with Denon receivers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

DonT

Stunt Coordinator
rob, all you need is a press on 300 ohm to 75 ohm adapter. then you can connect a regular dipole 300 ohm fm antenna to the adapter and press the 75 ohm portion onto the barrel fm sonnector on the denon. these were sen out ad nauseum in old vcr's, if yuo dont have one you can probably get one from radio shack.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
The Anttena connector is a standard press on F-style connector like is found on all TVs and VCR (without the screw threads) for the cable TV. Most nicer anttenas will have a F connector on it. The little wire that you got from Denon is really meant as a temporary solution.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Not to stray off topic, but I hope your little friend isn't actually swallowing those flimsy little antennae (that could be fatal). But always get an aftermarket antenna regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks