Denon dvd-2200 region mod?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Harry Lincoln, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Harry Lincoln

Harry Lincoln Stunt Coordinator

Just bought a new 2200 and was wondering about a region free mod. Is it done by a firmware upgrade, remote hack, internel mod? etc.
    The aussie dollar is starting to look good so I might start buying r1 DVDs again.

Thanks.

2. Stewart Storrar

Hi Harry,

I just bought a 2200 myself in Melbourne and it came multi-regioned, "from the factory" as the salesman said. I have had no issues with any of my non-R4 discs. I believe from what I have read it is usually a firmware upgrade on previous Denon's.

Stewart.

3. Robert Franklin

Robert Franklin Stunt Coordinator

But is there a Denon player that I could get here in the US that is modified? I have no luck in finding one. I would love to get the DVD-5900 Modified. It already has NTSC/PAL output.

4. Harry Lincoln

Thanks stewart, lucky I asked on here instead of asking at the dealer, they probably would have charged me an extra $100 and said they did a mod to it.

What do you think of the player? What receiver do you have and can it do DVD-A and SACD?

I havn't picked mine up yet, next week hopefully.

5. Stewart Storrar

Quite possibly [​IMG]

I am extremely pleased with the sound, picture and build quality. It has replaced a Pioneer 535 so it is quite a step up. I had just watched the Extended Edition of the Two Towers 5 times over the previous weekend (once for the movie and then the 4 commentaries), so I was very familiar with how it looked on the 535 and the increased detail on the 2200 is amazing, on a Toshiba 46" 100Hz Widescreen which has no progressive display capability and good quality audio and component cables.

I am running a Denon 3801, and have yet to hook it up for DVD-A or SACD, but fully intend to. I am currently enjoying the improvement in sound quality on standard CD's.

6. Harry Lincoln

Mines replacing a pioneer 515 or 525 and a cheap sony changer. I bought a 3803 not too long back, CD playback was the biggest improvement over my Yammie DSP-A3090, cant wait to hear them through the 2200.

7. Gabriela Mendez

Gabriela Mendez Stunt Coordinator

Is this a hack or a firmware for region free? Anyone knows where to get this? Can't find it on Denon's site.