What's new

Denon dvd-2200 region mod? (1 Viewer)

Harry Lincoln

Stunt Coordinator
Just bought a new 2200 and was wondering about a region free mod. Is it done by a firmware upgrade, remote hack, internel mod? etc.
The aussie dollar is starting to look good so I might start buying r1 DVDs again.

Thanks.

Hi Harry,

I just bought a 2200 myself in Melbourne and it came multi-regioned, "from the factory" as the salesman said. I have had no issues with any of my non-R4 discs. I believe from what I have read it is usually a firmware upgrade on previous Denon's.

Stewart.

Robert Franklin

Stunt Coordinator
But is there a Denon player that I could get here in the US that is modified? I have no luck in finding one. I would love to get the DVD-5900 Modified. It already has NTSC/PAL output.

Harry Lincoln

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks stewart, lucky I asked on here instead of asking at the dealer, they probably would have charged me an extra $100 and said they did a mod to it.

What do you think of the player? What receiver do you have and can it do DVD-A and SACD?

I havn't picked mine up yet, next week hopefully.

Quite possibly :)

I am extremely pleased with the sound, picture and build quality. It has replaced a Pioneer 535 so it is quite a step up. I had just watched the Extended Edition of the Two Towers 5 times over the previous weekend (once for the movie and then the 4 commentaries), so I was very familiar with how it looked on the 535 and the increased detail on the 2200 is amazing, on a Toshiba 46" 100Hz Widescreen which has no progressive display capability and good quality audio and component cables.

I am running a Denon 3801, and have yet to hook it up for DVD-A or SACD, but fully intend to. I am currently enjoying the improvement in sound quality on standard CD's.

Harry Lincoln

Stunt Coordinator
Mines replacing a pioneer 515 or 525 and a cheap sony changer. I bought a 3803 not too long back, CD playback was the biggest improvement over my Yammie DSP-A3090, cant wait to hear them through the 2200.

Gabriela Mendez

Stunt Coordinator
Is this a hack or a firmware for region free? Anyone knows where to get this? Can't find it on Denon's site.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks