What's new

denon digital out (1 Viewer)

tom derby

Agent
I have a denon 2803 receiver and i am currently trying to hook my minidisc player up to it through the digital out so it can record from the other sources I have, mainly the htpc. Is there anything special i have to do other than just plugging it in? When i try to record the minidisc player say "DIN unlock" Do i have to assign this output or something?

tom derby

Agent
No the source is through coaxial cable. If i had to have the source hooked to that input then i would only be able to record from one specific source? I wouldn't be able to record from other sources? that doesn't make sense. i'm really trying to record from my htpc to the minidisc. I have a usb (M-Audio, sonica) device that allows me to output directly to the minidisc player and that works but then i can't hear the music through the reciever. If i could get the pc to allow me to output audio to the receiver and the minidisc player i'd be alright, but i can only make it choose one source to output to. Any way i can record onto the minidisc from the pc without having to choose between the outputs would be great. I wouldn't really mind switching the output source when i want to record but it requires i restart the computer which is a hassle.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
I know it doesn't make much sense, but I think that is how the 3803 works. Hopefully someone can correct me, because I am not positive. The (horrible) manual doesn't say, but I remember reading a post on a board not to long ago about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks