What's new

Denon AVR 588 Help Needed (1 Viewer)

Gootz66

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason Gutierrez
Sorry if this has been discussed or answered already. I tried searching around and couldnt come up with anything pertaining to my issues. I just moved and reset all my speakers and devices the same way they were before I moved, however now when I select cinema I get only half of the audio.
i.e. during watching shows, movies, or playing a game conversations and talking or sound effects do not play correctly but other sounds play just fine. Everything plays and works as normal with 5ch/7ch selected and cinema will play correctly when I change surround mode to music but that doesnt stay if i change back to 5ch/7ch
I am totally lost right now and really need some help to get everything back to normal. I have the boston speakers that came with the set. Fronts are set to "A" and center is hooked up correctly as is the back speakers hooked up to surround. If i need to provide any additional info, please let me know. TIA and hope someone can jump in and help me out soon.
Cheers!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Hi Jason, welcome to HTF!
It sounds like your center channel is not hooked up properly. Doublecheck the connections at the speaker and the receiver to make sure.

Gootz66

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason Gutierrez
Steve Tannehill said:
Hi Jason, welcome to HTF!
It sounds like your center channel is not hooked up properly. Doublecheck the connections at the speaker and the receiver to make sure.
OMFG! I feel like such a dumb$#!@! When I went through all the wires and took them all out and put them back in, I never bothered to check the other end connected to the acyual speaker and one was out.
Thanks. I really appreciate it.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I'm glad I could help! The problem is more common than you would think...just in the last month, someone else had the exact same thing going on!

Users who are viewing this thread