What's new

Denon AVR-5803 quote - is it good? (1 Viewer)

Jon Krangel

Stunt Coordinator
I just got quoted for $3500 at my local tweeter for a new 5803 as part of a package deal with some other stuff. Considering the $4300 price tag, I was pretty excited. Should I be, or should I look elsewhere for a lower price?

Thanks

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
I think Chip E picked up a 5803 from Tweeter for around $3100-$3200 last month. But he has a pretty good relationship with his dealer. So I think his friend gave him a really good deal.

Your price seems pretty good for a local dealer.

Jon Krangel

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Greg - Yes, I do remember Chip picking his up for ~3100. I acaully mentioned that I knew someone who got his 5803 for 3100 at a Tweeter in Delaware (Chip E) to my sales rep!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I was also quoted $3500 for mine. When I mentioned $3100, the dealer says "that sounds like an Internet price."

Considering the recent good reviews--that are sure to increase sales--supply and demand may yield a higher price.

- Steve

P.S.: It's freaking awesome!

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Jon,

I was checking out your home page and I noticed that you have the Klipsch synergy series speakers. Have you thought about upgrading your speakers anytime soon. I just thought you with quality of the 5803 you would want some speakers with the same caliber. Not that there is anything wrong with your speakers, but when I upgraded to my Paradigms Reference Studios I felt that was my biggest upgrade.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
No, that's what your dealer was implying. Internet shops are without denon warranty. If they did, there would be no reason to buy for $600-700 more from a local place.
Cheapest with warranty is probably 6ave.com.
Denon Authorized E-Tailers:
Denon
http://www.6ave.com/product.jsp?x=AVR5803
Heck, they had the incredible $699 price on the AVR3802, with warranty.
I find the best thing to do is buy from a reliable place with warranty, and pricematch it with my credit card.

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
6ave.com are simply the best when it comes to Denon. Not only are they an authorized dealer but they have the best prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks