What's new

Denon AVR-3806 or Rotel RSX-1057 ? (1 Viewer)

TylerZ

Stunt Coordinator
Upgrading the family room HT. Anybody want to comment on the 2 receivers on my shortlist? I've got a Denon now and like it, but it doesn't have HDMI switching which I want to go with my new TV and DVD player. I've seen/heard the Denon, but the closest Rotel dealer is an hour away and keeps pretty much bankers hours, closes at 5:00 M-F, closed on Sunday.
TIA

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Rotel RSX-1057 gets my vote. You'll get better quality components, honest wattage, and less bells and whistles than the Denon AVR-3806. You just need to decide if the Rotel has all the features that you will need. :)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Tyler

I am confused about the Rotel 1057, does it have 5 channels of amplification or 7?

Thanks

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
It has 5 channels but can be expanded to 7 by adding a two-channel amp.. http://www.rotel.com/products/specs/rsx1057.htm

"The RSX-1057 features an option that provides for the simple addition of a two-channel amplifier to expand your home theater options to full 7.1 should you desire it."

"Continuous Amplifier Power: (Five channels driven) 75 watts/ch (20-20k Hz,

TylerZ

Stunt Coordinator
I just added the Pioneer Elite VSX-84TXSi and Yamaha RX-V2600 to my shortlist. The Denon and Rotel, while killer receivers, don't have provisions for a set of 'B' speakers which we have in the kitchen/dinette area. I gotta consider TWF here, she insists on having music in there. I really don't want to hook up a whole system or add another amp to make it work. I'm leaning toward the Pioneer.

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
The Denon AVR-3806 does support two zones, plus it has pre-outs for a second or third zone. You could certainly have a set of 'B' speakers in your kitchen. This would be my first choice for receiver in your price range if you require multiple zones.

As for Yamaha, the RX-V2600 is being replaced by the RX-V2700, definately worth considering.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks