What's new

Denon AVR 3200 ebay purchase wise?? (1 Viewer)

Ashleymc34

Auditioning
Real Name
Ashley
Thoughts please..

I just won a bid for a total of $90 shipped to my house.. for the Denon 3200
It doesnt come with manual or remote but I can purchase the manual for an additional $22

I currently have a 10 year old 36" Sanyo TV and use a low end FM tuner amp with 2 speakers fro enhanced sound.
Im no electronic wiz but know basic electricity.
Anyways for this money is this a good starter piece for the money or the biggest potential headache i ever purchased?
I see all the nightmare set up senarios and i want to retract my bid!!
So is this a unit i can figure out easily enough and just hookup my speakers and go..and look around for more speakers or should i pass and keep what i got and call it a day?? lol
Is the manual and/or remote a "nessecity" or can i do with out just the remote..PS I dont mind doing things the old fashioned way with bending down and turning and adjusting things with my fingers at the unit.
Any input appreciated!! Great site!

SethH

Senior HTF Member
The 3200 is a good receiver. I owned one for about 3 or 4 years. It does not have a DTS decoder. Being an older receiver, it also does not have HDMI nor component for video. If those things aren't issues for you then you should be satisfied with it.

I think $90 might be a little high given the age of the receiver, but it is a reliable receiver that should hold up very well.

You can probably do without the manual . . or possibly find the manual online somewhere for free. The remote will be more difficult. There are lots of custom buttons on the remote to handle setting up the receiver. Your run-of-the-mill universal remote will not handle many of these features. If you choose to get a Harmony remote you may have better results. Unfortunately there are not buttons on the actual receivers to match every button on the remote.

HomeTheaterJoe

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
I think you are probably paying over the odds at $90 as this is quite old now in AV terms but if Denon gear is very good quality and won't let you down. I had a Denon system years ago and for what I paid for it the performance was impressive.

I wouldn't worry to much about the remote as it will cost more than it is worth to you. A universal remote could be worthwhile but if you are going to spend a lot of money on it you are better off buying a better unit with remote.

Spare remotes can be hard to locate and probbaly not worth the effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks