What's new

Denon 4810CI Thoughts (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The MultiEQ xt is the first one I've used on almost any of the auto-EQ setups that I thought actually gave me a noticeably better result then doing it myself.

lvicious

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lance G
I know this thread is somewhat old but just wanted to say thank you for the great review on this model and as a newbie I really appreciate reviews and advice like the above on this forum.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Thanks, I realized in reading it how many phrase errors I made, I must have been not thinking clearly, but I'm glad it helped you. I think the review is up in that area.

Just so I can append this: I've had a few people email me as a result with regards to the network bug in the 4810. Really, the network bug within the wireless controller (or, why you should NEVER upgrade firmware over wireless!!)

In the end, I haven't used the wireless enough to run into that issue on any basis, but it is something several users have reported that the wireless occassionally does bad things.
I'm generally a big believer in the use of wire.

mleong

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
MattCR,

I enjoyed reading your review. Thanks for doing one.

I was using the Denon AVR-3802 up till last week when I finally decided to get the 4810. I've got a 7.1 setup with Mordaunt-Short speakers and a JBL sub. The FL and FR are floor-standing 3-way speakers (my old MS 5.4). One thing I noticed after the 4810 setup (using the Audyssey auto setup) was that when I played movie DVDs/Blu-ray, I had to crank the volume to -17dB to get the sound level equivalent to what I use to get at -23dB with the 3802. May I ask why is that the case, even though the 4810 supposedly has a higher power output rating and the number of speakers it has to drive is essentially the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks