What's new

Denon 3803 info (1 Viewer)

BrianRM

Auditioning
First Time posting on this site. I wanted to share some information I obtained for those of you interested in the new Denon avr-3803 that will be released soon. I am thinking of getting this receiver to power Paradigm Monitor 11v2 and CC-370.

AVR-3803
Amplifier specs remain unchanged

A/V inputs inreased from 5 to 7

Componenet Video switcher bandwidth now 100Mhz
(and the component inputs(2) are assignable)

Video Conversion from 5803

Digital inputs/outputs increased
(5 optical, 2 coax)
(2 optical outputs)

Crossover Points added - 40 and 60 Hz

All new DDSC-D featuring Analog Devices' Melody 100 DSP
(new name for the HammerHead Sharc - used in 5803)
(Dolby Digital EX Pro Logic II, dts ES)
(dts 96/24)

Burr-Brown PCM-1791 24/192 DAC's
(2 per channel, in differential configuration)
(Also, Burr-Brown PCM-1804 24/192 A/D Converter)

AL24 Processing

Pure Direct Mode

Multi-Source/Zone section improved
(now fully discrete power on/off)
(variable/Fixed audio pre-out with Composite Video)
(Remote I/O ports)
(12 V trigger)
(amp Assign)

Available October '02
SRP - $1200

Jon Duke

Stunt Coordinator
Where did you find this info? I am interested in what the 2803 will have to offer... I'm paying close attention to the video bandwith...

otherwise I might just have to save up for the 3803.

NickSP

Supporting Actor
I think the 3803 with the new features will make a very decent pre/pro. Thanks for sharing the info.

Bryan Acevedo

Second Unit
Perfect!

I have the 3802 now, and I need another receiver for the Game Room in the new house. I was just going to buy a lower line Denon, but now I think I will move the 3802 to the Game Room and get the 3803 for the main theater!

I wonder if they will finally add the volume level display to the OSD - that is my biggest gripe about the 3802. It is so small it is hard to see from across the room!

Bryan

BrianRM

Auditioning
The information comes from something that is being sent to all of the dealers. The person I spoke to expected the Denon website to post the complete specs. soon.

I did not get information on the 4803 or 2803 but an anxious to see what changes are made to both before making my purchase.

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Wow, that 100Mhz and video upconversion is very nice. Previously only on the 5803. I see the MSRP is $1200. Is that what the 3802 was?

Aaron

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
That sounds like great news. I'm very happy about the 100Mhz pass-through on the video signal.

The only bummer is that it's a bit out of price range. Hopefully the 2803 with have the same 100Mhz pass through because that's more in my price range.

Yogi

Screenwriter
Sounds sssssssssssssweet...I think I am gonna pass on this one though as I upgraded only last year and my wife would separate if I upgraded again. The next upgrade will be separates when I finish my basement into a dedicated HT and thats not coming for a few years. But best of luck to all of you that will jump on this boat. In the mean time I'll hang on to my 3802.

Zacha R

Stunt Coordinator
Michael Mathius:
Let's see how accurate this is, Peek
Did this link work for you? (If so, could you post the picture, because I'm getting nothing.) Or were you just doing the same sort of fishing that got us early info on the 1803?

Serge Breton

Supporting Actor
Many of the new receivers are using the same/similar Analog devices Melody chipset. Sounds very good indeed with lots of processing power and 32 bit resolution (same chip as on my meager Kenwood 6070 receiver:))

RookieDerek

Auditioning
Hey guys, I've been snooping around and found something interesting.....by the looks of it, and the Model No. on the back, these are some pics of the new to-be-released Denon AVR-3803. Here is the 3803 Front and here is the 3803 Rear Looks like the rumors are true, 5 optical inputs, and 2 coax......
I've been waiting for this since July, hopefully the addition of these pics means that it will be released soon!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks