What's new

Denon 3312 - Having issues with getting a image (1 Viewer)

Labs

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Labaschuk
For about 2 years now I've had this receiver pushing an image to my projector. We've had no issues. Its the only output we are using, to the projector, this is through using a hdmi output.

2 weeks ago we moved everything, it all got disconnected. Today we reset it all up. Turned on the receiver, turned on the projector but not image. The projector kept saying searching for input. The receiver screen said setup wizard. I tried both outputs on the receiver, turned everything off and back on, even tried hooking up my ps3 and tv box and changed the connection on the receiver to the corresponding ones for hte ps3 and tv box. Still no image. I then brought down a old tv I had, hooked it up through the hdmi port and got the image. So the receiver will display a image to my tv but not my projector. Anyone able to help me get this receiver to work on my projector again?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I bet the HDMI cable itself the problem. I'm guessing it is a long one. If the terminal ends got pinched...Have you tried a BD player directly connected? (If you try that, try the other HDMI input on the projector) If that ends up being problem, I'd move on to a cat extender or wireless HDMI. (Both have come down in cost)

Labs

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Labaschuk
It's not the cable. For whatever reason I had it working when I plugged a TV up to monitor 2 out. It instantly displayed a image on the TV and the projector at the same time. Today when I turned it all back on I was able to unplug the TV and it kept working. I then went to slide the receiver back into spot and the hdmi out cord fell out. Now I have the exact same issue all over again. I can't get a picture on the projector. I can however get one on the TV. I hooked up my ps3 directly to the projector using the cord from the receiver and it worked. So I'm ruling out the cord.

Labs

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Labaschuk
Been unplugging and plugging back in all morning. Completely shut off all the power, disconnected everything. Let it sit for 15. I then plugged back in my ps3 and shaw box as well as the hdmi out to the projector. Still not getting an image.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks