What's new

Denon 2807 Setup help please (1 Viewer)

robWD

Agent
Well, I got the 2807 on the shelf and connected.

Now, I tried to run the Audessey auto setup. I first set my speaker config to 6.1 by putting the surround rear to the "1 speaker" setting.

Unfortunately I guess Audessey can only set up a 7.1 system. The receiver knows that there is only one rear surround but the auto setup keeps failing when testing the rear left (missing) speaker and I cannot get past that point.

Pretty much makes the feature useless to me....

I guess I could set it to 5.1 and then go back and add the rear speaker in the mix unless that would cause it to fail as well. Problem is it would move my sweet spot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Rob

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Sounds like the receiver doesn't like the manual setting of #of speakers followed by the running of the Audessey auto setup feature.

Have you tried reseting everything back to default and then running the auto setup? Part of the auto setup is for the system to determin, on its own, the # of speakers in the room. Perhaps your manual overide is confusing it...

Other than that, I'm at a loss.

robWD

Agent
Thank you for your reply.

If I recall correctly, the first stage of the auto setup must be passed before it will allow you to do the speaker verification stage.

I will check that when I get home tonight though.

robWD

Agent
No dice.

I could not get anything to work without completely disabling the rear surrounds. Quite a shortfall considering the quality of the receiver...

Just adjusted them manually for now. Guess I will have to set up 7.1 to use the Audessey setup.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Wow. I hope this isn't a major issue. My wife and I had just decided on the AVR 2807 to replace our HTiB JVC set up...

robWD

Agent
Well, my ears are not that talented when it comes to setting up my speakers. If you have a 7.1 setup then it will work very well. If not, you would need to set it up as a 5.1 and it will also work well. It just cannot auto setup a 6.1.

Other than that, I am extremely pleased with the receiver. One of the things that I really like is the input sound level adjust. So you can adjust the sound levels of each input. Before when watching a movie I would need to turn up the volume a bit more. Then if you switch to some other input like the tuner it would be very loud. Now, I have adjusted the levels of each input selection so they are all about the same volume when switching between them.

The main reason I bought it though was for the HDMI upconversion. That is excellent. One cable to the tv is nice.

You will be pleased with your purchase. I just expected the audessey to work with 6.1.

Blaine_M

Second Unit
It wouldn't take much to set it to 5.1 and callibrate, then go back and add that extra channel in after the fact.....you don't have to have 'tallented ears' to do that. All you have to do is compare the volume to your other rear speakers and set it to a similar level, get a sound meter if you don't feel confident.

Users who are viewing this thread