What's new

Denon 2802 (1 Viewer)

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
I have a few questions about my Denon 2802.
1. Why is it that when playing a CD on my Sony DVPNS300D DVD player, and change from optical to RCA, they sound the same. (I know, cheep player)
2. What DAC's are in the Denon 2802?
3. Should I buy a player like the Denon 5 disk changer which I think has better DAC's?
Thanks for any help:D

Zacha R

Stunt Coordinator
(This reply written in a hurry.)

As for the first question - assuming all is the set up properly, I don't know why they sound the same. Unless, by RCA you mean the coaxial digital link between the DVD and 2802 - which being digital, is identical. In which case, everything is as it should be.

As for the second, here are some, um, things..

1) If you're using the digital link on the DVD, and later with the Denon, it should sound the same, as the DACs being used will be on the 2802 and remain the same. (i.e. the signal remains digital until it gets to the 2802, then is made analog by the receiver).

2) You'd be much better off buying a good, single disc CD player for playing CDs. DVD players and receivers are generally inferior for CD playback.
The British magazine 'What Hi Fi' is a good one to check out for finding one, for example.

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
Thanks for the reply;)
I am using the optical, and analog. (RCA) They do sound the same! I have good ears, and I have no idea why they don't sound diffrent.
Anybody else?:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks