What's new

Denon 2200 Bass Management ? (1 Viewer)

I recently purchased the 2200. I had an older DVD player that didn't have bass management. I have setup bass management on My NAD T752 receiver. My question is do I also set the bass management on the 2200 to the same cross-over and levels as my receiver? Will the settings cancel each other out? I'm confused on this. Or do I turn off the bass managent on one of the components. I'm using 6 separate audio cables for the audio(DVD-A, SACD) and s-video to the TV. Thanks.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
If you're only using the analogue cables, you'll have to use the player's bass management. For DVD-A and SACD, you have to do this regardless. For Dolby Digital and DTS, you should make a digital connection, via coax or toslink, to the NAD and let it do the management. The receiver and player won't cancel each other out as each of their settings is for something the other won't do (receiver can't bass manage hi-res multichannel inputs, player's bass management only works with analogue out).

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
if that receiver's like most, it doesn't apply the bass or time management settings to the ext. inputs. use the player for that. the 2200 has a fixed xover around 80Hz, btw.

if that receiver does allow bass and time management of the ext. inputs, then you may want to use that capability, especially since the 2200 doesn't allow for time management of it's sacd output.

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
if you only run a 5.1 system, you can use either your analog connections or a digi connection, depending upon where you prefer to do the decoding/conversion. personally i prefer to use my analog connection for dd/dts content as well, allowing me to run my receiver in "pure direct" mode for both music and movies. if you have a 6.1 (or more) setup, you must use a digi connection.

Thanks everyone for the help. Scott, I have a 5.1 system so I'll use my analog connections to do the decoding. I don't think my receiver has bass management on the ext. inputs so I'll let the player do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks