What's new

Denon 1804 vs.H/K 230vs.Pioneer Elite VSX41 (1 Viewer)

Schnitz

Auditioning
Denon AVR-1804
Harman/Kardon AVR-230
Pioneer Elite VSX-41

Please give me your opinions on which is the best performing receiver. They are all in the same price range. I am looking to spend a max. of $400 so if you can recommend another, that would be appreciated as well. It would be used for HT 90% of the time. I would like Multi-room function if possible but is not absolutely necessary. Thanks.

Hi Schnitz,

I am in Nova Scotia. There are'nt a lot of retail outlet choices down here for HT and audio equipment. I have been contemplating the same 3 recievers among others (for example the Onkyo 601). Just wondering, what prices are you getting up there for those and which retailers. Anyone else know if buying over the web is a better idea in Canada?

Cheers
Rich

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Don't waste your money on the Pioneer 41. Just go for the 912.....
What do you want to get out of the receiver?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The 41 is basically identical to the 811, and I was really not impressed with it. I'd go for the H/K 230, 2804 (rather than the 1804) or Marantz 5400.

Schnitz

Auditioning
I am looking to use it for Home Theatre mostly with a little bit of music. As far as pricing Richard Ferns I am using the internet mostly to find prices and comparing it with Futureshop or BestBuy pricing. I picked up the H/K AVR-130 for $500(CDN) on boxing day. It seems that I can get a better receiver for the same money on the net though.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
It's a well known fact that H/Ks are overpriced here in Canada. Wholesale prices in Canada are at or higher than Retail prices in the US. How excellent for us :frowning:

You can get entry level Denon and Marantz receivers for that money. Or a NAD T742 at Bay Bloor on Boxing Day (550CND). They might still have some. Lotsa options.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks